Chapter 3: Laplace Demon Is Us

Date: June 27, Friday

Futaba's P.O.V

Making sure, i check my phone and social media and to my surprise, the news was the same news available yesterday as it is today. That only leads to one question, who's my laplace demon?

A laplace demon, someone who has the same reoccurirng date experience as an individual does, it is usually caused by a deliberate connection between the two. It could be anything from physical contact to mentally connected actions. Though, the only person i can only think of having the same occurrence as me is...

Azusagawa's P.O.V

As expected, its still June 27th ,at this point, my hopes of being with Mai-san is completely crushed. I cant find the laplaces demon anywhere, no one in my year is having this type of reoccurrance.

As with my normal routine, i head up to Mai-sans class, though these past few days i never confessed my love to Mai-san. Thinking that it would change something  or maybe make the day change. 

As I walk up the stairs however, right outside Mai-san's classroom was Futaba, she stood there, as though she had been waiting for me.

"As i thought, you would come here again, Azusagawa."

"You were waiting? Ah, wow I'm honored. Someone would actually sacrifice time for me."

"Yes, but only so because theres an important matter at hand."

"And what would that important matter be that i have to sacrifice my lunch with the school's drop-dead beauty?"

Futaba hesitates an answer for a while as dhe clenches her fists and look at me in a dissatisfied way. She grabbed my tie and dragged me to the Science Lab.

She throws my body against the door and leave me to pick myself up as she plots a seat down. She, too invited me to take a seat, and so i did, though I'd rather not sit in the same room with someone who just threw me like a ragdoll.

"Azusagawa, remember how you said you had a reoccuring day yesterday?"

"Yeah of course, yesterda-- wait! Don't tell me....."

"That's right, its my second 27th June."

"No way, but if thats the case, then who would be your laplace demon?"

"I have only but a hypothesis, but yesterday."

Futaba explains how she met Kunimi on the way home yesterday and how she confessed her love to him on the train. And which is most disturbing, that Kunimi was considering it. He has Kamisato, what is that hunk doing? If Kamisato treats me this bad for just breathing around him, i don't know what might happen to them. No, i know well what would happen, I just dont want to think about it.

"So, what are you gonna do? Find Kunimi? He should be in shock though, due to the current situation."

"Yeah, well, its the only thing i could do now, Kunimi probably remembers and realises that things are reoccuring, there shouldnt be a problem."

Futaba says as she exits the Science Lab and heads back to class. Before i knew it, lunch time was over and I missed my opportunity to change things with Mai-san. As i head back down the stairs I spot a supposedly First-year junior and a Third-year senior having a conversation by the stairs, must me nice huh? Being all lovey-dovey.

Mai-san's POV

Sakuta didnt come in today, what happened to him....

I start drifting farther into the nothingness of procrasinating. Though i soon recover. I shouldnt be worrying about little things like this, I need to have faith in that cheeky-young boy. But thats precisely why i can't.....Sakuta, you cheeky idiot, baka.....