Chapter 1: Breaking Boundaries (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Of course. Just wait a moment." She quickly typed something on the computer and the printer began to make a few beeping noises. "Is that all I can do for you, mija?" She repeated, making my heart warm.

"Yes. Thank you." I grinned.

"Here you go." She handed me the thin paper as she walked out of the short gate at the side of the wide desk.

"Thank you . . ." I trailed off once I saw her huge pregnant belly. "Awwww." I cooed, beginning to unconsciously rub her belly. Her soft laughter brought me out of my trance.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry." I gasped while blushing, removing my hands.

"No, it's okay. Go ahead." She insisted by taking my hands and putting them back on her swollen stomach. Immediately feeling the baby's kicking.

"Ah!" I shrieked. "Did I put too much pressure?" I asked alarmed.

"No. I guess she likes you very much." She giggled. That comment made me smile. Maybe I would get a friend very soon after all.

Intuitively, I kneeled down and rested my ear on her on the side of her tummy. I heard the quick movements of the baby making me gasp in wonder. The lady then gently placed her small hand on my head. For some reason, I instantly felt safe. Unthinkingly, I wrapped my arms around her, barely touching the other hand's wrist. Is this what it would of felt like like if my mom went the whole nine months instead of unfortunately having a miscarrige many years ago? I few of my tears leaked as the woman wrapped her arms around my head softly. My breathing began to become uneven.

"What's wrong carina?" She asked, her tiny hands grabbing the sides of my face and gradually making me face her. Her eyes were glistening and she was showing so much love and concern. Just like the true definition of a devoted mother. Oh no, I'm making an emotional pregnant woman cry. I read somewhere it's bad for the baby if the mother's going through too much of--as I liked to call it--an emotional roller coaster ride. What's wrong with me, I scolded internally.

"Es nada. No mas estoy feliz porque vas a ser una buenisima mama." I sniffed, standing up and rubbing my tears away.

"Gracias." She smiled warmly

"Adios. Have a good day." I squeezed the lovable woman making her laugh as she returned the brief hug. Oh dear, I was on a roll. I think I have two friends now. I turned around with glee on my face until the day came crashing down on me again. Me landing on my butt once again.

How long was this streak going to keep on going?

"Nice one, klutz." The husky voice of the person I bumped into said impolitely.

"I-" I began to apologize, standing up from the floor. But I stopped once I saw their breath-taking electric blue eyes. The person was only a few inches taller than me, so I didn't have to crane my neck. But what suprised me the most was that the rude person seemed to be lost in my eyes as well.

I don't know how long we were just gazing at one another's eyes, but I didn't want to stop looking. Their black eyelashes were so thick and long. The blueness of the eyes looked so alive. Such a pretty rare color, I wondered idly like a child.

"Are you okay, carina?" The woman asked.

"Yes." We both replied, bringing us back to reality. And just like that the first bell rang. Oh no, I bet I looked like a complete lovestruck idiot.

"I-I-I'm sorry." I murmured blushing like an idiot, looking down. "Bye." I said quietly as I swiftly walked out of the office.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Why the hell did I stutter like an oaf. I didn't even get a chance to see the owner's face. My god he or she smelled so good. It was a sweet musky scent. I couldn't decipher if it was cologne or perfume.