Annabell

Isabella

The last time I actually saw his face was two days ago. The hurt in his eyes replayed in my mind over again.

Mrs. Louis had told me that a young gentle man was at my door shouting for me but thank fully I was not home.

And again that day.

New Years is in two days and I was busy doing some school work and finding another job. Though Dylan didn't fail to make sure my account was full. When I have calmed down I will talk to him about that.

Jack was now sleeping that is until the pounding at me door, "Bella!" I thought he had gotten over me.

"Bella, open the fucking door." He yelled angrily.

Just when I thought I could have some piece and quiet. I should have stayed at the library at least there I can focus on my assignments.

"Bella please." His voice became quiet sobs.

"Mr. Saunders." Another voice appeared, Mrs. Louis.

"Bella, is she inside?"

"I'm sorry Mr. Saunders but she is not yet home."

"I see. I'll be back tomorrow." Is he ever going to give up?

Sighing in resignation I listened for his foot steps to disappearing from the hall.

Once I know he was gone I opened the door to find Mrs. Louis looking at me with sadness in her eyes, "You know dear why do you keep avoiding him?"

Though I had asked Mrs. Louis to do me this huge favor she disapproves. "He needs to let go of me."

"Why, is it because of his ex-wife."

That day when I came home, from working for him, Mrs. Louis caught me crying and offered me some cookies inside her apartment. I don't know what compelled me to tell her what I had gone through, perhaps it was the cookies she gave me but it was like spilling out my feelings to a mother.

Mrs. Louis was in deed like a mother to me.

"Look dear, I may not know him but I know you. You love the man."

"I do." I spoke truthfully but to know the fact that we could never be.

"And it seems he loves you to if he is coming here banging on your door despite you ignoring him. But I wont tell you what you should and shouldn't do only you can tell yourself that." I nodded my head towards her before leaving.

The following day I had asked Mrs. Louis to watch Jack for me. I had some place to be. Somewhere I know I am wanted. Someone who I could talk to and listen to me without judging me.

And so here I am once again at her gravestone. "Hello there sis."  It was easier to talk to her when all she did was listen.  I would lay out all my problems one by one as if she was just listening not judging and sometimes when I get no reply its like the answers I'm looking for just comes to me.

"I don't know what to do.  The man who I thought cared for me is having another woman's baby and what's worse it's his ex wife." I shudder at the thought. Maybe if Dylan had told me the truth between what was happening with him and his ex-wife I wouldn't be this hurt. I just felt betrayed. Love sucks, I thought.

"Sorry I couldn't bring Jack but Jack is big now. I wish you could see him.  He is very bright.  And he is turning two next month." I smiled at the thought. It has always been me and Jack. Even if dad was there but he was out there mostly doing who knows what. Now I haven't seen dad since I had practically thrown him out. But I know for a fact he will be back probably going to ask for more money.

The cold wind blow like she was here with me.

"Dad is of course the same, never changes except for the fact he is the cause of me becoming broke." I chuckled, "Sometimes I wish that you would have taken me with you.  Do you ever think Mom thinks of us?" I cried. It has been a while since I have heard or seen from our mom. Not even a 'Hello' phone call.

"Why did you leave us, leave me? You were my sister, I looked up to you and when I finally got to see you, it was the hospital that called me."  I grinned at the thought. 

Two years without seeing my sister until the hospital decided to call me letting me know of her whereabouts.  Without a second thought I rushed towards the hospital she was staying at.

My mind was in a frenzy that day wondering how she looked like or if she would be happy to see me.

I was just grateful I was on her emergency contact list.

And when I finally arrived at the hospital, Annabell was in labor giving birth.  They wouldn't even let me see her.

"Annabell, why did you leave me?  Everything is so hard."  There were times I wanted to give up but my thoughts go to Jack.  I couldn't leave him.  He is the only one I have left.

I remember like it was yesterday, the doctors came out to tell me Annebell had just delivered but her blood pressure dropped and without me seeing her, she was gone.  I cried hard that day for the lost of my sister.

Until I first carried her baby, he was just so cute along with a letter that was in her handwriting.

"Jack he reminds me of you, of course he does.  I'm just happy you entrusted your son to me."