Chapter 1 The unforgettable lack of luck

Start from the beginning

"Fine...But i just know she lived here." Maverick muttered to himself, as he begrudgingly walked across the street, and stopped in front of his father again.

I sigh in a huge amount of relief, and in one final moment i take a glimpse of him picking up a box, before i decide to walk away from the door.

He almost found me.

The thought hits me with a huge amount of weight. But, why so nervous?

"Why am i so nervous?" I mutter, as i reach the nicely decorated kitchen, where vast amounts of cabinets wore a classical wood finish, and the limestone counters shared face with the reflecting titled floor.

Grabbing ahold of the large fridge's metal arm, i yank it open, searching around the various foods, trying to find my favorite drink since i was little. Qartx Mixout.

The name was strange immediately to anyone who found it at the stores, or markets, and well, that's how it grew to be very popular amongst nearly everyone.

I finally spot the large bluish-purple container hiding in its usual hiding spot way in the back, where it always somehow gets to, and grabbing it, i close the door.

While messing with the box of what i thought was divine, my thoughts are soon interrupted.

"Hey Eileen! *Bang!* Sweetheart!" Mom's voice called out, as the front door swung open to her.

"Hi." I murmur half absently, while my hand twiddled with my drink.

I meet those familiar dopey brown eyes of hers, as she places a few groceries down onto the counter, and she stares at me for a moment.

Noticing, i look at her with a tight stare, not because i hated her, but more of, i knew well when someone was trying to read my face.

"Aw Eileen, my little girl. Always trying to do what i did with your father.." Mom sighs slightly, her hands flying in a happy manner, while moving to the fridge placing a few groceries inside.

"..I know well of that look, Eileen ." She then lisped with a knowing smile.

"That's the look your trying to give someone, when you clearly don't want them knowing what you really were thinking about. The one that lies." Mom then says with a glint in her eyes, while grabbing one of my locks of Brown hair with gentle ease, caressing it.

"Go away. You and Dad are always wrong about how i feel." I sort of snap, causing Mother to give her rarely, if ever used, stern face, as she continues to stay in front of me.

"Eileen. You always say one thing in one hour, and then another in the next. The same old game, you teenagers play and play over and over until it's not funny anymore." Mom then said in a condescending tone, yet a smile rose to her weathered cheeks, as if reflecting on it.

"I was just like you when i was a teenager. So nasty, bratty, and trying to seem like some sort of tough girl." Mom sighed as she finally leaves me alone, to go to her post of dish duty, grabbing a plate, yet looking at me still.

"But deep down, you are doing it because someone is making you afraid. Afraid to show your true self. That more well mannered, feminine, swee-"

"-I get it mom." I say with a annoyed tone as i grab my drink and go for the stairs.

I hear my mother's tongue click upon my sudden departure.

"Mother like Daughter. There's somebody that's got you so.. defensive..Arrogant.. Bo-"

"-Mom! If you wanted to write a book or something, do it in the study room!" I spout while rushing up the stairs, to at least, escape my interrogation.