Shaking his head, Harry felt frustrated. "She could have been homeless, and tucked herself into the corner of the warehouse. Or maybe she is a daughter of our suspects. I will check in with my partner, see if they caught anyone we can question."

The mediwitch pulled out a basin and magically filled it with warm water. She began washing the child, her hands gentle. "I will call her Kimiko for now. It means valuable child."

Harry was touched by the gesture and the tender way the mediwitch was taking care of the child. "I'm Harry."

"Tatsuo," The young woman supplied, her eyes flicking up to his forehead.

Harry hoped his hair was covering his scar, but with the blast it was probably sticking up everywhere and dirty as the rest of him. Her glance told him that she recognized his name, but she was professional enough to not make an issue about it.

"I had better go, Tatsuo. Can I come back later to check on Kimiko?" Harry picked up the evidence bag, and reduced it in size to tuck it into a pocket of his uniform.

The mediwitch nodded with a smile. "My shift ends at 9."

Harry left, apparating back to the warehouse. Had Tatsuo been flirting with him a little? He had a hard time reading people at times. She was attractive, but surely she had seen his name in the papers lately. Perhaps she thought he was bisexual?

...

The day was busy with processing the warehouse scene and questioning the captured suspect. Images of that little girl kept popping into his mind, and the lingering thought that she might not have been alive much longer if they hadn't found her. Where were her parents?

Even though he was exhausted, Harry knew he wouldn't be able to sleep until he saw her again. At the end of his shift he changed back into muggle clothes and splashed water in his face to tidy up a bit. His hair was still dusty and messy, and he didn't bother trying to fix it.

Taking the floo back to the hospital, he found the room Kimiko had been moved to. He stood in the doorway, not wanting to scare her. She was flipping through a picture book, her eyes enormous in her thin face. But at least she was awake and clean, tucked into the inclined hospital bed.

"She is doing much better," a soft voice at his left side said.

Harry turned and saw Tatsuo there, and gave her a small smile in acknowledgement. "That is a relief."

Tatsuo entered the room, beckoning Harry to follow. She pulled out her wand to check the girl's vital signs, and made notes on the medical chart. "Are you going to tell me your name? Or it still a secret?"

The little girl was looking up at Tatsuo's pretty face like an imprinted duck. She shook her head slowly.

Chuckling lightly, Tatsuo tapped her nose. "Then I will still call you Kimiko. You remember that I am Tatsuo, right?" She turned to show Harry beside her. "And this is Harry. He is the auror who brought you here."

The girl's intense gaze shifted to Harry, and he found it a little unsettling. Her large eyes were a stormy blue-green, framed with dark lashes. Her washed and combed hair was medium brown, but thin and with jagged ends. Faded bruises marred the pale skin on her face and arms.

Harry tried to give her a warm, unthreatening smile. "I think she looks more like a Brunhilda or a Willamina."

He was relieved to see the girl shake her head at the names, and swore there was a hint of a smile.

"Prunella or maybe Hester?" Tatsuo added, her warm eyes flicking towards Harry.

"Earnestina? Arnulfa?"