"s-sorry," i called out, trying my hardest to wipe all of my tears away. "i'll be out in a min-minute."

i tried my best to collect myself, even though i still found it hard to breathe and tears were still streaming down my cheeks, but i opened the door and side stepped out of the way, only to be greeted by the person i was trying to avoid.

"diego i'm sorry," kimetrius immediately spewed out as soon as we locked eyes. "i uh-"

"no kimetrius. i'm sorry. i didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or whatever. if you don't wanna hang out anymore that's fine, i understand you might think it's weird that i like you, so yeah," i tried to keep my voice as neutral as possible.

instead of letting me leave, he just closed the door behind us and locked it, leaving me even more confused.

"metri? what are you doing?"

"look. i came here to see if you were okay and to apologize to you. i feel like the biggest asshole for what i just said, but i can explain, i promise." he pleaded.

i sighed. "you already explained yourself. i get it loud and clear. you're not gay, and you don't like me, and i'm stupid for ever thinking you could like me the way i like you. i get it-"

"diego i'm in love with you!" he cut me off abruptly, the sudden raising of his voice scaring me a little, so he began to speak softer. "i'm in love with you...why'd i say those things just now? because i don't like being put on the spot. it sounds stupid but when stoke kept teasing me about liking you and being jealous or whatever, it made my anxiety flare up because i really do like you, no, i love you, and i was feeling anxious at the fact that people noticed it, so i said some shit to make them stop but in the moment i wasn't thinking about how much i was hurting you and i'm sorry."

i took in his words before responding. this was a lot. this was really a lot.

so, within the span of 15 minutes, we've gone from kimetrius telling everyone to stop saying he likes me because he's not gay and he doesn't like me and never will, to him saying he's in love with me and he only said that to make everybody stop teasing him.

as hurt as i was, i believed him. having people constantly tease you about your crush was annoying as fuck, so i don't blame him for getting mad. i just wish he didn't hurt me in the process.

"you're....in love with me?" i still couldn't believe those words came out of his mouth.

he placed his arm around my waist and petted my hair. "yes, i'm in love with you. i've been in love with you for a long ass time and i didn't even realize it. i literally broke up with my girlfriend for you....i don't know, somewhere along the line when we were friends, i started catching feelings because you're special. and not the gazzy kind of special."

i chuckled at his last comment. "metri...you're serious right? like this isn't some kind of sick joke you're pulling are you?" i asked, my mood immediately skyrocketing as i felt sparks all over my body.

"let me show you how serious i am honey," he cooed, before we faced each other and his lips met mine.

i felt like i was about to explode as our lips moved together in sync. i felt like i was dreaming, because this moment right here was something that i thought would only happen in my dreams, but nope, this was real. kimetrius really had me pressed against symere's bathroom sink, and we were really kissing right now, and it didn't seem like we were going to stop.