c h a p t e r o n e

Start from the beginning

"Now get up and go shower, I'm taking you to ge-" Before Mathieu could finish his sentence, Kimora began to burst into tears once again before dropping face first into her sheets.

"Kim..."Mathieu whispers before making his way over to Kimora's bed and sitting beside her.

Rubbing comforting circles on Kimora's back, Mathieu lets his best friend let out her frustrations onto her pillow.

Once Kimora finally calms down, Mathieu takes it as his time to speak.

"You need to remove the hoodie." Mathieu says softly.

"But I cant."

"Of course you can."

"Mat, I can't. This hoodie is the only thing giving me hope that Thomas and I are getting back together. He gave me this hoodie in hopes for me giving it back to him, so I'm going to keep it for as long as I can till we get back together." Kimora confesses, turning her head towards Mathieu.

Mathieu sighs and takes a moment to create a response.

"Remember how he used to treat all his hoodies?" Mathieu questions and Simone replies with a nod.

"He cared so damn much about his hoodies. He made sure to keep them all washed, folded, and ironed. Thomas put so much effort into his hoodies that he didn't let you anywhere close to them because he didn't trust you. He put more care into his hoodies than into your relationship. And I'm sorry to say this, but that's a reason why you guys ended Kim." Mathieu brutally states.

Kimora stiffens under Mathieu's touch after his truthful statement. As Mathieu continues to rub circles on Kimora's back, Kim lets Mathieu's words sink in.

She know's he's right.

"Kim"

"I'm going to shower." Kimora says as she sits up from the bed and wipes away her tears.

"That's my girl, give me a hug." Mathieu says as he quickly embraces Kimora into a hug, reassuring Kimora that she's got someone here for her.

"I'll be in the kitchen when you're done." Mathieu says pulling away from the hug before getting up from the bed and making his way out the room.

With a sigh, Kimora gets up from the bed and drags herself into her bathroom.

Turning on the lights, Simone's eyes widen at the sight in front of her. Her brown curly hair that was once in a bun is now in a low ponytail. The eye bags under Kimora's eyes highlight the amount of sleep she's missed these few days.

Thomas' forest green hoodie reaches just over Kimora's knees, making it seem like she's got no pants on. The once pristine hoodie is now stained with multiple food items from ice cream to spaghetti sauce.

"ew" Kimora mumbles to herself in the mirror, noticing a new pimple forming under her chin.

"Great." Kimora sighs, deciding to leave the pimple for another time.

Turning on the shower, Kimora begins to remove her clothes, purposely being a bit rough with the hoodie.

Once in the shower, Kimora takes her time to pamper herself, she deserves it.

A bit later, Kimora is humming to herself as she steps out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped tightly around her body.

When reaching her bed, a small smile begins to form on her face at the sight of the fresh Tampa Bay Lightning hoodie.

With lightning speed, Kimora grabs the note off of the hoodie.

I went out to grab us PROPER food for dinner, wait up for me. But while I'm out, here's a new hoodie.

P.S, mine are way better.

Kimora rolls her eyes at her best friend's stupid comment, but changes into the hoodie anyways. The bright blue stands out from Kimora's usual colour palette, it's a good colour on her. Although the hoodie hits a bit lower on Kimora's knees, it adds an extra amount of comfort as Mathieu's scent lingers on the material, she might never wash it.

Just when Kimora slid on the new hoodie, the front door is heard opening and closing, signalling Mathieu's arrival.

"Kimora?" Mathieu calls out.

"I'll be there in a minute!" Kim replies before reaching for her phone on her beside table.

Grabbing her phone, Kimora presses the home button to check the time, only to get bombarded with a picture of her and Thomas.

The picture its self was able to get Kimora breaking down once again. The photo used to bring joy to Kimora, now it only brings sadness.

Thomas is holding Kimora on his back as they run around at their local pack. Kahlani ended up snapping the candid picture, and it has never left Kimora's iphone wallpaper since.

Kim's cries must have been louder than she thought since Mathieu bursts right back into the room and wraps one of his arms around Kimora's waist and the other around her head, forcing her to lay her head in his chest.

"Hey hey hey, I'm here, you're good, you're good." Mathieu repeats as Kimora begins to sob once again into Mathieu's chest. Kimora's arms limply lay at her side as her best friend tries to comfort her.

"I love him Mat, I love him. I need him back." Kimora cries.

Mathieu pulls away slightly so he's able to make eye contact with Kim.

"You do not need him Kim, you hear me? You don't. If he's able to make you cry and break down like this, he's not worth your time, okay?" Mathieu questions, his gaze piercing into Kimora's eyes.

Kimora lets out a small whimper as she nods her head yes, letting Mathieu to continue.

"Good, because I'm here right now and I'm all you'll need."