The road into Remnant

Start from the beginning

The stranger strokes the creature as he smiles and downs his drink. The man pushes his wide hat up with his finger and smiles as he places the glass down. "They're called Pokemon."

Qrow: "a what now?"

???: "yeah you're not the first to mistake them for those creatures you all fight against, but I assure you. My Pokemon are no more monsters than you all are. Isn't that right Growlithe?"

Growlithe: "GROWL!"

The soft padding of paws on the wooden floor catches their attention, and as the team look over, the sight of an odd bipedal dog like creature walking towards the man, with two glasses, catches their attention  The creature stands by the wall, its arms folded staring at the team.

???: "pay no mind to Lucario here, he's the careful type, and doesn't think I should be too open about who we are... hasn't stopped me from telling these folks about our adventures. Isn't that right gang?"

The tavern cheers and raises their drinks to the two. Lucario smiles as it polishes the bracelet on its arm with an old rag

 Lucario smiles as it polishes the bracelet on its arm with an old rag

Tai: "wait, can they understand us?"

???: "oh yes, and if you're smart enough to understand them, then you've got yourself some of the greatest friends in the universe."

Raven stands up and walks over to the fireplace where he's sat. Growlithe snarls, the man places a hand on the dog's head to calm it.

???: "I'd be careful around my pal here, Growlithe doesn't exactly like strangers."

Raven: "not very welcoming then."

???: "heh, more cautious than threatening. He's a good lad really." The man stretches and stands then looks at Raven, then past her to the team at the table "although, I must admit, hearing the rumours about me and my team has been... interesting shall we say?"

Tai: "how so?"

???: "heh, well you've described a 'purple nevermore' as one of my partners. Noivern is no such thing. I'd be happy to show you if you'd like?"

Qrow: "the rumours said you had 6 of these creatures with you. One was capable of... changing."

???: "changing? Sounds so dramatic, man I love this place. Yeah, Lucario over there can change I guess, we prefer to call it 'mega-evolution' but yeah changing is about right."

Raven: "well I'm intrigued, anyone else coming?"

Summer: "sure"

Qrow: "sounds good."

Tai: "yeah, what the hell, lets see what the fuss is about."

Y/n: "should probably introduce myself. They call me Y/n. I'm an aura guardian, and that's my apprentice Lucario."
Lucario just huffs and downs it's drink "as you can see, he's not one for interactions unless its with fists."

Tai: "well they've got a training ring in the village, wanna go a couple rounds?"
Lucario's eyes light up as I hears Tai. Lucario stands up and smirks as he looks at him

Y/n: "are you sure you know what you're doing there pal?"

Tai: "sure! I'm a brawler by trade! Plus I've light more Grimm that are tougher than him!"

Y/n: "what the hell, the gang could do with stretching their legs and or wings. Let's go."

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n: "alright folks, it seems Lucario has a new challenger! Come and watch if you'd like." I look over at the barmaid "oh and Sylvia, let your kids know I'll be letting Torterra out for some fresh air too, I know how fond they are of him."

Barmaid: "I'll go fetch them now, thanks!"

I walk out the tavern, followed by this guy and his team, and also most of the tavern patrons who are rushing to the training ground to get a good view of the battle. Growlithe jumps up into my arms as Lucario leads the charge towards the battle grounds

Tai: "hey get back here!"
Tai runs off to catch up with him as I'm left with the three others.

Summer: "so, what's an aura guardian?"

Y/n: "well, I mean I guess you'd call it a huntsman. Someone who's able to manifest their aura and use it to do good, y'know saving people and all that. We're pretty rare where i'm from."

Qrow: "and where are you from?"

Y/n: "can't say."

Raven: "ohhhh mysterious and cute, a good combo"

Y/n: "ehehe, thanks I guess"

Raven: "actually I was talking about your little pup over here." Raven scratches the top of Growlithe's head who yips and wags his tail beside me "but you're pretty cute too~. Oh, my manners, I'm so sorry! I'm Raven. That's my brother Qrow, and that's Summer. And the hot head who ran off is out leader Tai."

Y/n: "a pleasure I'm sure. Sorry I've never been any good with interactions like this, always puts me on edge."

Qrow: "not one for crowds then? Explains why you're in this little village."

Y/n: "no it's not that, it's just... I didn't exactly have the best start in life. The first thing I remember of my life was being cold and alone. Then came Growlithe and his friend. They stuck by me and before you know some... stuff, happened and here we are."

Summer: "who's his frined you were saying about?"

Y/n: "well, at the time he was smaller than Growlithe. Now though... he's pretty big." I unclip one of th poke balls form my belt and hurl in the air "Torterra, come say hi pal!"

The ball opens and in a flash of light, Torterra, my partner Pokemon appears.

Qrow: "holy crap it's huge!"

Y/n: "eh, Pokemon get far bigger than my buddy here. Also, don't say it. That's offensive, HE is a living breathing creature just like you and I." Growlithe jumps on Torterra's back and curls up under the tree "these two have been inseparable since the day I met them. An unlikely pair, a grass and a fire type."

Raven: "type? What do you mean by the?"

Y/n: "later, for now, lets get to the grounds. Lucario wont start without me."