The Cunning Disguise

Start from the beginning

"I would've come out and helped you! But I was too afraid. All the villagers are. I've been trying to build up a resistance to beat Hizza, you see, but I can't find enough courageous people to help!" the Bob-omb explained.

This guy sure is an eager beaver. Luigi thought to himself.

"Anyway, you two should really come to my house and rest up if you're going to join my resistance!" the Bob-omb said.

"Uh... I didn't actually agree yet-" Luigi began, but was interrupted.

"Yes, but I can see it in your eyes! You're heroes, and you're desperate to help people." the Bob-omb exclaimed.

"Well, yeah. I suppose that is what we are!" Luigi replied proudly.

"We should help them, Luigi. The villagers need us, and Hizza probably has the next piece of the Compass, as well." Blooey explained.

"You're right. We'll join your resistance, then! We also need to rescue Mary and make it up to the village leader," Luigi said as he and Blooey got up slowly.

"Sorry about what happened with him," the Bob-omb said as they walked to his house. "It's just that Mary is all he has left after his wife was kidnapped by Hizza, you see."

Luigi just nodded, still feeling bad. "By the way, we haven't introduced ourselves. My name is Luigi, and this is Blooey."

"My name's Jerry! Pleasure to make your acquaintance," the Bob-omb, Jerry, introduced.

Jerry... cherry... Ha. Haha. Hahaha. Blooey thought to himself.

-----------------

Soon enough, they were sitting in Jerry's house, sipping cup of Waffle Tea.

"We should just sit and rest for a while. Perhaps I can fetch the rest of the resistance and we can come up with a suitable plan!" Jerry suggested.

"Sounds good to me," Luigi agreed.

"Alrighty, I'll go and get them right now!" Jerry exclaimed as he rushed out of the house.

"Well, he's a nice guy. Bit of a handful, though," Blooey remarked, chuckling.

Soon enough, Jerry returned to the duo, with a few more people in tow: namely, three. A Goomba, a Koopa, and a Shy Guy.

"And there he is! The magnificent hero Luigi and his companion!" Jerry told his group.

"...Uh, never heard of 'em." the Goomba commented, raising an eyebrow.

Jerry let out a comically exaggerated gasp. "You haven't heard of the legendary Mushroom Kingdom hero's brother?!"

Luigi facepalmed.

"Eh, me neither." The Koopa remarked.

"Make that three," the Shy Guy agreed.

"Oh, whatever. This is Luigi and Blooey and they're going to be helping us in their quest, okay?" Jerry explained.

"Okay, then," the Goomba replied.

"Sure, why not," the Koopa said.

"Sounds good," the Shy Guy agreed.

"Those three are not very expressive, are they?" Luigi whispered to Blooey.

"I think it's meant to be their endearing personality gimmick," Blooey hissed back.

"Anyway, this is our resistance! The whole six of us! Me, you two, and those three! Goom, Koop, and Shy, collectively known as the Terrible Trio," Jerry announced.