- "I'm glad she didn't take your offer, Sam; you're a friend I wouldn't like to see die."

- "That's very nice of you, Lincoln. I hope we'll all get to live a long happy life together." -Octavia and Lincoln looked at each other before we all busted out laughing - "But, I have to be honest now. I didn't only come here to check on you, although that was the main reason."

- "What's wrong?"

- "Nothing." –I quickly answered Octavia, soothing her worries- "The Commander made me an offer and, well, since you're a Grounder, Lincoln, I thought you may be able to help me out."

- "Anything you need, Sam."

- "So, basically she told me how you guys try to get to know the best warriors and healers and all that jazz from other clans, I'm guessing to know what you'd be up to if a war stroke." -Lincoln nodded- "She told me some of you had spoken to her about me."

- "What do you mean 'some of you'?" –Octavia asked, looking at me and Lincoln in turns.

- "Lexa, I mean, the Commander told me Anya told her about us at the bridge, Nyko told her what I did at the village and she got some more information about me from Lincoln's friends."

- "Sam, I'm..."

- "No, it's fine. It's nothing bad, I promise." –I squeezed his hand, sitting on the bed he was on as he patted it- "Anyway, the thing is she is convinced I have this great potential to become a great warrior or soldier or something like that."

- "You do,"  –Octavia encouraged me- "you're a good fight, Sam."

- "What was the offer?"

- "Yeah, so, for all those reasons she offered me to train with them, with you, with the Grounders I mean. She knows I want to be able to protect the ones I love and she offers me that power through training."

- "What does she get from this?"

- "Me getting to know them, their traditions and that they are not savages which I don't think you are," –I glanced at Lincoln- "but she seems to think since some of the people here do, then we all must think the same."

- "Just that?" –Octavia was suspicious- "Seems off."

- "There's one more thing to it, really." -Octavia rose her eyebrows, prompting me to continue- "She says that maybe, if I become good enough and get to like them, I could become one of her warriors."

Octavia remained silent, her face didn't show any emotions; it was a blank expression that was doing nothing to ease my mind.

- "Sam, do you know what that means?" -Lincoln grabbed my attention- "Not many of us get to be called to fight hand in hand for the Commander."

- "I'm guessing that means it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity type of shit."

- "It is." -Lincoln nodded at me and I smiled gratefully- "Although I don't think you came here for advice but rather for permission." –he glanced at Octavia.

- "I did want to know what your opinion was," -I faced Octavia- "but I also wanted to tell O before I did something about it."

- "The offer is for you Sam," -she finally smiled, standing in front of me- "not for me."

- "I thought you should know, I don't want to take it if it's going to make things weird between us."

- "You and I have gone through a lot together to ever drift apart." –Octavia chuckled- "I don't want you not taking it because you think it'd damage our friendship." -I opened my mouth to protest but she cut me off- "Listen, Sam, I know you too well. I'm sure you already know what you want to do."