Chapter 3

*Frank's POV (Point Of View)*

Hours had passed since I left Heather outside the hospital, but I was still furious at her. I mean, she was supposed to be my best fucking friend and she did something like that? She actually thought I'd be better off without her. Of course I wouldn't be; she was my BEST FRIEND, but, clearly, that didn't matter to her. Otherwise she would've thought about what I would've been like, before doing it, and if she really knew me, she would've known that I hated finding her like that. Wandering around the streets of New Jersey, I realised I hadn't eaten since before going to the hospital and I was starving. After another 10 minutes of moping, I came across a McDonalds and there was no customers in, so I wouldn't be bothered by fans or anything. It's not that I didn't love my fans, I did. I loved them more than anything. Without them, there would be no My Chemical Romance, but for now, I just wanted to be by myself.

I stepped into the McDonalds and tread over to the counter, sighing at what to pick. A young girl, around 17, smiled enthusiastically at me.

"Hi! Are you ready to order?" She had a British accent, like Heather.

"Er, yeah. Can I have, er, a regular Big Mac meal, please?" I answered.

"Sure! And drink?"

"Um... I'll have a black coffee, please."

"Okay. That's $3.45, please."

I placed the money on the counter top.

"Well, it'll be a few minutes, so why don't you take a seat and I'll bring it over." She grinned at me again.

"Okay... thanks." I walked over to a table in the centre of the restaurant.

I rested my elbows on the table and put my head in my hands, waiting and thinking. Heather thought I hated her. I didn't. I loved her; She was my best friend. I turned my head, slightly, and smiled as the young girl from the counter brought my food over. Her grease-coated uniform didn't really show of her looks very well and her lengthy, brown hair was pinned back from her face, with the employee cap facing forward on her head. 

"Here you go!" She placed the food on the table, beaming at me.

As she walked away, I stopped her and shouted her back over.

"Wanna sit with me? I could do with the company." I sighed at her "I mean, you aren't exactly flooding with customers, are you?"

"I suppose a few minutes couldn't hurt." She took a seat opposite me.

"So, er, what's your name?" I ignited the conversation.

"Charlotte." She answered, continuing to smile; she had a cute smile. 

"Well, Charlotte, I'm F-"

"Oh, I know who YOU  are. You're Frank Iero from My Chemical Romance!"

"Oh, you're a fan?"

"Yeah, I bloody love you guys! You're amazing! But don't worry, I'm not gonna go all 'crazy-fangirl'; you probably get enough of that already." She giggled. Her laugh was so pure and sweet. Wow.

"Yeah, I do!" I beamed back at her. "Wanna fry?" I offered her the bag.

"Thanks!" She took a fry from the packet and chomped down. "Wow. Sharing chips with Frank Iero? I never thought this'd happen, when I woke up this morning!"

"And I didn't think I'd be in here today!"

"Why, what's happened?" Her forehead creased with curiosity.

"Oh, it doesn't matter..." I smiled, unconvincingly, at her.

"Okay. I get it. It's none of my business." She nodding her head. "So, where are you off to?"

"Just home. How long have you got left here?"

"A couple hours... my shift ends at 10."

"Fuck! It's already 8? I better get going!" I stood up, hurriedly, and grabbed my coffee. "Well, it was nice meeting you, Charlotte, but I really have to go. Bye!"

"Nice meeting you, Frank. Bye!" I hugged her and ran out of the restaurant, coffee in hand.

I rushed down the street, on my way home. I had to get home soon, otherwise I'd miss CSI! And I was about an hours walk from home. Oh shit! I should've got Charlotte's number! Oh well... I'll get it some other time... CSI was more important, right now. After a little while of sprinting, I pulled out my phone, as I neared my house, and saw it was 8:50pm. Phew. Just in time. I yanked out my keys from my pocket and unlocked my door. Entering my living room, I threw my black, skeleton jacket on the sofa and plopped down. I panted and switched the TV on. As I heard the theme music of the CSI TV show, I sighed with relief.

~*~

After the show finished, I thought more about Heather. Should I call her? What should I say? Would she still want to be my friend? I had no idea; I'd have to sleep on it. I dragged my feet up the stairs and into my bedroom. Flopping down on the bed, it didn't take long for me to sleep.