i. RAMONA

i. ramona
' curls and magenta bob hair. '

THE PUBLIC LIBRARY wasn't a place Brian ever considered he would come back to again. He may have spent most of his college life stuck inside Imperial College's library and studying everything he can learn about astrophysics, it was different now because he was the lead guitarist of a popular band called Queen. There simply was no time for him to idle and reminisce old memories when their schedule's packed all the time. If it wasn't for Roger kicking him out of their shared apartment in the middle of the night because he brought another girl with him, Brian wouldn't even come here. Nonetheless, he had no choice —he didn't want to intrude on Freddie and John— the library was the only place open for 24 hours besides pubs, and he wasn't exactly in the mood for drinking alcohol or hooking up with a girl. He just wanted to sleep, which Roger obviously ruined.

As he stepped foot inside the atheneum, he was greeted with a whiff of the old and new books and people he perceived as students in groups having their own shared space in the tables scattered around the room. However, that wasn't what sought his attention the moment he went inside. Surprisingly, his vision focused on a peculiar lady sitting alone.

Maybe it was because the colour of her hair was probably the wildest one Brian had seen in his entire life. It was eye-catching and he knew he wasn't the only one who felt the same way, considering the amount of people who glanced shamelessly at the woman which she merely ignored, content with reading a book he couldn't decipher the title of. She was fascinating— Brian won't deny it and the urge to talk to her was tempting; her magenta-coloured bob hair and the tiny steampunk goggles placed atop her head looked strange yet enticing in a manner.

Slowly, he tried to appear calm as he turned around and grabbed a random book hastily and swivelled back, taking a hesitant step forward approaching the girl's direction. Silently thanking the stars above for not making a fool out of himself, he clutched the unknown book tightly and as if she sensed him, she looked up from the book she was reading while her head tilted sideways until she stared directly to his hazel orbs. Swallowing deeply as his cheeks tinted red for being caught in the act, he maintained eye contact for a second before looking away, shaking his head.

Pausing for a moment, he raised his head back to see her going back to reading her book and he suddenly gained a newfound confidence he didn't even think he had —he wasn't a ladies man like Roger after all— he briskly strolled towards the table where she was sitting and dropped the thick book on the empty seat in front of her, "Hi. M-May I sit here?" Brian silently cursed himself for stuttering whilst the girl looked up and replied, "Sure."

In response, Brian plopped down, opened the book he took and proceeding to close it swiftly, coughing embarrassingly as the words Dating Advice for Men engraved itself into his mind. He couldn't believe that out of all the books he could've taken, it was one about dating and love. Sighing deeply, he moved the rotten book out of the way as he tousled his curls, looking at his watch that read 3:19am and groaned internally. "So what are you doing here in the middle of the night? Or early morning, that is."