"I live on my own, how else I stay alive?" He laughed taking my plate to the kitchen. "Do you want your medicine now or in a little while?"

"A little while. Is it gross medicine?" I hope it's not some generic grape flavored medicine or some big pill I have to swallow and try not to choke on.

"Well you have a choice." He said walking back over and sitting next to me on the couch.

"What are my choices?" He pulled me in his lap and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You can have either the generic syrup kind or my medicine." He growled lowly into my ear. "Your choice."

"Oh God, what's so special about your medicine?"

"Everything. It'll make you feel good real quick. You can take any amount and you'll get the same result. When you want more, you can have as much as you'd like." He said softly kissing my neck and up behind my ear.

"I don't think I can handle that kind of medicine." Sounds way too strong.

"Yes you could." He chuckled. "It's just an option, but all you gotta do is say the word and that medicine is all yours." As tempting as that sounds, I'll stick with the generic.

"So while you were gone, I got my mail today. Wanna explain that particular piece of mail, right there?" I reached forward and grabbed the envelope, handing it to him.

"Your remaining balance for your college tuition was paid for? Good for you Ebony." He smiled, lightly tossing it back onto my coffee table.

"I didn't pay off anything. What did you do."

"Paid the remaining." He shrugged. Why the hell would he do that?!

"Loso! Why! That was a lot of-"

"I have dumb change to spend and I don't want to see you working at the lounge anymore. You're too innocent and young to be working at a lounge, being seen as an object or icon of sex." I never saw it that way. Hearing him say that, made me feel disgusted with myself. That degrading feeling crawling right back over my neck.

"That's all I'm seen as? Nothing else?" My head hung low with shame. This just proves how naive I was to the occupation.

"Yup. Let the others like XTC, Cherry-Ice, and MissTwist, take that limelight. If money is what you need, by all means I got you." That's not what I wanted though. I want to be independent, living on my own, getting my own money, and paying for my things. Not relying on others to do that for me.

"Thank you but that's not what I want. You earn your money for you to spend, not me. I want to earn my own." He pulled me, so my head was laying against his chest.

"I earn my money and if I want to offer it to you, I can. You're too smart for that-"

"It's like how you deal. You're way better than to be dealing." He let out a laugh.

"I'm only good at dealing because I'm smart when I deal and my job doesn't require me to be down to my boxers. You on the other hand, don't belong at a lounge. I'd rather see you walking around my house in your underwear than on a stage."

"You're killing me-"

"With the love you want and need."

"No." I chuckled.

"Yes, you just need love. Specifically from me." If that's what you believe, Loso.

"I'm done with you, can I have my medicine now?" I asked scooting out of his lap.

"Mine or-"

"Generic syrup." He rolled his eyes. "I hope you didn't get grape." I laughed.

"Well then you might want my medicine. Easier to swallow too." He smirked coming back with a capful of the purple liquid version of death.