The Hunter's Curse

Start from the beginning

Damon rolls his eyes at me, facing Jeremy. "Look it's a long story, Kid. Buy the e-book." With a long sigh, Jeremy stands and heads to his room upstairs.

I turn to my brothers, both lost in concentration. "Hey, uh, there's something-"

"Hold that thought, Lily. I'm gonna go check on Elena." Stefan leaves, heading upstairs. I gape after him.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go clean up the blood. One less thing that she'll have to look at to remember what she did." Damon leaves, heading to the kitchen.

Frozen, I remain in my spot. Wait, what? They both just...left. Left? I don't know if this is a sign from the universe to keep my mouth shut or what, but that is just plain rude.

Pulling together my composure, I follow after Damon to the kitchen. There is no way in hell, I'm going with Stefan to check on Elena. Pulling myself onto the counter, I sit, watching Damon clean up the puddles of blood on the floor. After a few moments of silence, Damon moves to wash his hands, and a guilty nagging builds in my stomach, I decide to try again. "Damon." He glances at me over his shoulder, raising an eyebrow as a 'what'. "I...I should tell you that...that-"

Before I can finish, Stefan's appearance in the kitchen pulls Damon's attention. From the look on Stefan's face, it's easy to assume that his conversation with Elena didn't go well. "Where did Jeremy go?" Damon asks him. Now that I think of it, I did hear the door open and close. I was just too lost in thought, debating whether to speak or not to focus on who left or came.

"School. Bonnie has him volunteering for some occult exhibit," Stefan answers.

Damon wipes his hands off on a towel. "Or maybe he didn't want to linger in a house where his sister just jammed a knife in his neck." Normally, I would laugh at this, but the information that I am holding captive drains the color from my face.

Stefan's phone rings. He pulls it out, glancing at the screen. "It's Klaus," he announces, voice filled with dread. I frown at the news

"Oooh, time to face the music. Pay the piper, dance with the devil," Damon taunts, putting down the towel.

"You know, I'm glad you find this amusing. If he finds out I told you about the cure, he'll kill us."

Damon saunters over to Stefan, a hard look on his face. "Quit avoiding him, you're being shady. Shady people get outed."

Stefan rolls his eyes at our brother's comment, answering the call. "I don't want to talk about it."

Klaus's voice echoes from the other side as I listen in. "Well, I can't imagine why, what with you ruining all my plans for a hybrid filled future."

"Well, it wouldn't have happened, if you hadn't sworn me to secrecy." Stefan glances our way. Damon nods his head, encouragingly.

"Well, life's full of ifs, Stefan. But let's accentuate the positives, shall we? The hunter was one of five; we'll find another. It may take centuries, but we've got nothing but time, right?"

"You're using your calm voice today. Who's getting killed?" Stefan asks with hesitation, trying to get a feel for Klaus's mood.

"Not you, if that's what you're worried about. But I am concerned about your beloved. Have the hallucinations started yet?"

My eyes widen at his words. He figured it out. Shit! And I haven't told them yet. Shit! Shit! Shit! Stefan shares a glance with Damon. We had filled Stefan in this morning about how Elena told us she kept seeing Connor everywhere. "What do you know about that?"