1 - Glimpse of Her

Start from the beginning

“Gerald, it’s dangerous.” Paulo went after him. Gerald raised his right hand to tell him he’ll be fine.

Paulo gave up and went back in. Gerald then walked away.

He walked… and walked… and walked. It was a nice feeling for him, he felt home in the woods.

“HhHhAaAaA… hAaAa….~~~”

Gerald heard a voice.

“hHhHAaAaA~~~” the voice continued humming… singing but with no words.

Suddenly he’s attention was caught. Her voice was drawing him… pulling him towards her. “Lovely” he whispered. He wanted to see her; he wanted to get a glimpse of her…

He turned around… he turned to his left, then to his right… like the voice he was hearing was everywhere…

“Where are you?”

He started to move forward…

“hHhHaAaAa~~~”

His head snapped to his right and without thinking, he followed the voice he was hearing.

He kept walking… and the voice was getting louder.

He walked some more, and…

There she was…

Standing at the edge of a cliff, the air blowing her long luscious hair and her arms lifted in the air.

“Finally” he told himself, grasping to a tree. The ground on that part was slippery and with one wrong move he might slide and fall.

“Turn around” he whispered, her back was facing him.

Gerald grabbed another tree in front of him, wanting to see her closer.

*slip

Gerald was just about to fall… but luckily he held on.

She stopped singing when she heard something moving… she placed her hands down and waited if it would move again.

*silence

Gerald’s heart was pounding fast, maybe it was his almost fall… or maybe because of her? He didn’t know... All he knew now is that he has to see her. He couldn’t help it… her voice just lured him in.

All he could hear was the wind blowing, the leaves brushing and his heartbeat.

“Turn around… please” he begged.

Slowly… she started to move.

*lub dub *lub dub *lub dub

His heart kept pounding fast… hard… loud as she turns her head around.

Little by little… her face was starting to show… the wind still blowing her hair.

With his heart still irregularly beating fast… Gerald smiled at the sight of her “Beautiful” he says silently.

After what seemed forever… finally, she has fully turned around, tugging her hair behind her ears.

“HaAaAaAhHhHh~~~” she sang again, making the birds around her tweet all at the same time. With that, she smiled widely… looking above her, watching as the birds fly.

Gerald’s heart stopped.

*slip