"I don't think they would've wanted me to do this." I admitted. "They would've wanted me to forgive."

Zayn laughed and shook his head, exactly the same as the hunter that found me had. "Forgiveness?" Zayn said. "That doesn't get you anywhere."

Funny, how his words were similar to the old hunter's too. He'd died, a few years back. I couldn't continue on my own. That was when I found Zayn and Harry, aka Vain and Curly. As a trio, we were unstoppable. Even the most powerful of vampires were no match for Zayn's cleverness, Harry's flirtiness and my lethal weapon wielding. I could use a simple stake like the best, but I could also use swords, knives and iron poles to finish off a vampire - and it takes dramatic skills to use weapons like those correctly.

"Yeah, but do you think they'd want me skipping school and being nowhere at eighteen to kill vampires?"

"Niall, you're a great hunter. It's your life."

"I know, but-"

Our serious conversation was interrupted by the entrance of Curly, aka Harry.

"Hey guys!" he said happily. Harry had a mass of brown curls, green eyes and a cheeky smile, and was usually the one to kill the vampires with romance - as cheesy as it sounds. He'd sit in a bar with a stake in his pocket, chatting up and flirting with the prettiest and most deadly vampire girl. She'd lure him out like she would with most humans, leading the unsuspecting man somewhere hidden and kill in private. Harry would follow like a puppy, seemingly clueless. That is, until they reached a dark alley and he'd brandish the stake. She would be dead (or deader, since she was already dead) before she could say 'my house or yours?'

"Hey, Harry." I said, but Zayn folded his arms.

"We were having a serious conversation there, Curly."

"Harry." Harry corrected him, then came over and sat next to me, his smile turning into concern. "What's this serious conversation about?"

"His parents were murdered eight years ago tomorrow by those filthy, bloodsucking bast-"

"Zayn."

"Sorry." Zayn said bitterly. He had his own grudge against the vampires - two of them attacked him when he was with his little sister. They'd killed her and very nearly bitten him. They would have, if I hadn't stepped in and finished them both off.

Harry, however, was a total different story. He'd been bitten, and had only to drink the vampire's blood and he'd have changed. But Zayn and I killed the vampire before Harry could drink its blood, meaning Harry's half vampire. He doesn't have the bloodthirst and he's not undead, but he does have pale skin - and that's also why he's so...pretty. Vampires attract their prey with their looks, and Harry certainly has looks. He's amazing, Harry. He has such compassion, it's unbelievable. He always cries after he's killed a vampire, because he hates doing it. But Zayn and I have told him, it's just a job. Something he has to do, to stop them from attacking other people like they did to him. And when we say this, he looks up at us with his gorgeous, tear-filled green eyes and says, "But I don't want to."

He's the only one who can get them with his looks, though. We need him. And he needs us, though he doesn't realise it. Now, he had a sort of stricken look on his face like what Zayn had said upset him.

"It's fine." I said now.

Zayn, although still fuming about the vampires, had the grace to look a little guilty. "Nah mate, it's not." he told me. "I should be more careful about what I say."

"Yeah, you should." Harry agreed, still with that slightly sad look. "After all, I am half. I could be a bit pissed off with you insulting them all the time."