Chapter 6

LINDSEY’S P.O.V.

            Over the next two weeks Niall and I spent a lot of time together. Whether it was just sharing takeout or him going with me to an interview, we always had fun. Rumors had been flying that we were dating and it sometimes it seemed we were the only two people who knew there was nothing like that between us. But we both thought it was funny.

            I think one of the reasons that we had become so close so quickly was because Jackie the person I normally would have been spending the time with was preoccupied by one Harry Styles. I was really happy to have her so happy, and the same was true for Niall and Harry.

            I was finished with my promo work bynoontoday, so I called Niall to see if he had plans.

            “Niall! What are you doing? Oh, never mind, I know you’re eating! Finish up and meet me at – wait, what’s a good furniture store? You’re going to help me shop for the apartment.” I informed him.

            “Tell Sean to take you to the place on Jasper, he’ll know where I’m talking about. I’ll eat in the car and be there in 10 minutes.” He said around a mouthful of food.

            “See ya,” I said before hanging up.

            I told Sean to take me to the furniture place on Jasper, and just like Niall had said he would, he knew exactly where I was talking about. Since we were across town and traffic was so bad it took us a good 25 minutes to get there. Niall was waiting just inside the door of the furniture store.

            “Why are you so dressed up? It’s only me.” He said with a cheeky smile.

            “This isn’t for you, trust me, I had an interview and this is what Randy told me I had to wear.”

            “Didn’t you say it hurt to walk in heels after you fell at the airport?” he asked.

            “Yeah, well it still does, Randy just got tired of having to come up with outfits I could wear with flats, so he demanded I wear these. But that reminds me, I have a pair of flats in my bag that I meant to change into.” I said, looking around for somewhere to sit and switch them.

            Niall, ever the gentleman, shoved me towards the closest couch, which I fell on gracelessly.

            “I could have gotten here myself, but thanks for the help.” I said sarcastically.

            “You’re welcome. Now let’s get to shopping! He replied before pulling me to my feet once I had gotten my flats on and shoved my heels into my bag.

            We walked over to the paint section of the furniture boutique and I started looking for colors that were fun but still understated. I had settled on a champagne color for the main color and was looking for an accent color when Niall bounded up to me.

            “You should get this one! It has Irish in the name!” He said, thrusting a paint sample card at me.

            “I’m not going to get a color just because it has ‘Irish’ in the name.” I replied, rolling my eyes, but taking the card anyway.

            I looked down at the card and was surprised to find that it was perfect. Not only for the color I had already picked, but also for the look I was going for.

            “Hey, it’s perfect!” I said, surprised.

            “Hey, I know what I’m doing, I watch those home repair shows.” Niall told me matter-of-factly.