𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗅 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡.
❝ 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙞 𝙠𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪? 

𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘𝖣𝖠𝖭𝖨𝖤𝖫𝖫𝖤 𝖫𝖸𝖭𝖢𝖧 !

𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗟 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘
𝖣𝖠𝖭𝖨𝖤𝖫𝖫𝖤 𝖫𝖸𝖭𝖢𝖧 !

。☆★━━━━━━━━━━━━★☆。

TWO DAYS HAD PASSED, AND ROSS WAS UTTERLY FRUSTRATED. danielle had gone about the past two days as if they hadn't kissed, let alone gotten married. they interacted as normal, but any mention of their kiss was dismissed from the conversation immediately. 

"danielle, this is ridiculous. we need to talk about it." ross stated

he looked over at her as she sat down on the couch, tucking her feet under her. she took a sip of her tea, looking back over at him with a chuckle.

"talk about what, ross?" danielle asked

she raised an eyebrow. she knew exactly what he was referencing, but she didn't want to acknowledge it. acknowledging it meant acknowledging feelings she wasn't completely ready to yet.

"we kissed, danielle." ross replied

his voice was slightly incredulous. her apathy to it was driving him wild, and he couldn't stand it. 

"you can't just pretend it didn't happen. that's not how it works, danielle. you know as well as i do that we don't lie to each other. we've never lied to each other." ross said

"this isn't a lie, ross. what is there to talk about, anyway?" danielle fired back

she gripped her mug tightly.

"we kissed, it's over and done. you said we'd be able to act the part, and that's what we're doing." danielle said

"you didn't feel anything?" ross asked

his eyebrows furrowed.

"nothing at all?" ross asked

"define 'anything'." danielle mumbled

she moved into the kitchen to pour out the remnants of her tea. he followed her, chewing on his lip. how did he say this without causing any argument? he wasn't too sure, but he'd have to take his shot.

"you didn't feel the butterflies, the spark, the 'riker didn't hit me so why do i feel like throwing up' feeling?" ross asked

he moved closer to her as he spoke, careful with his actions. he didn't want to scare her off. even more so, he didn't want to disrespect her.

"i-i don't know, ross, i don't know." danielle replied

she took a deep breath as her heart rate sped up. she couldn't do this, she couldn't do it at all.

"danielle, look at me, please?" ross asked, softly

he placed a hand on her shoulder. she turned around just enough to see him, keeping her gaze just to the left of him.

"danielle." ross said

"ross, i just can't-" danielle started

"can i kiss you?" ross interrupted

he knew it was rude but also knowing her well enough to know she was making excuses. that's what she did when confronted. she didn't get defensive, she got anxious. she made excuses.

"ross, i- yeah, yes, sure." danielle said

she smiled softly, and he grinned as she met his eyes finally. he was careful to lean down, cupping her cheek and connecting their lips. it took danielle a moment, but she responded, grinning into the kiss. and for just a moment, it seemed like neither of them had to pretend, or lie to themselves, or entertain ideas. for just a moment, they were just ross and danielle lynch, the couple that was definitely in love and definitely not faking anything at all.