Arthas' Right-Hand

10-1-16  – I see this is getting some attention, and I greatly appreciate all the kind comments! This was probably the first thing I ever wrote, and boy does it make me cringe looking at it now. I have another Warcraft story in the works as we speak, and I hope to get that going with full steam here soon. I expect it to be of a much higher quality as well.

------------------------------

In an attempt to understand more of Lordaeron's Prince Arthas Menethil, this narrative has been compiled by the Royal Library of Stormwind City under Head Librarian Milton Sheaf's guidance. These real accounts are a part of King Varian Wrynn's operation to further the understanding of the Lich King threat.

The young boy could be seen from the window as his father stood in the house shaking his head while lines of deep frustration carved out his face. "The boy still refuses to accept his fate," the father said to the boy's mother.

"He will learn soon enough, you can be sure of it. He is fifteen now." The boy's mother said as she stood in the kitchen preparing lunch.

"When I was fifteen, I was already working out in the fields with my father helping to feed the family. I was learning so I could provide for my family someday... for you." He said as he turned to look back out the window.

"He is just as stubborn as you are, maybe more, but he knows reason. Sooner or later he will realize that this is what he was born to do."

"If he is as stubborn as I am, there is no hope..." the father muttered as he walked out of the house. He found the boy romping around with friends passed the family's fields. "Come here boy, I need to talk to you."

"About what, father?"

"I need you to understand something." he said as he waved the boy over away from his friends. "There is no shame in becoming a farmer..."

The boy sighed as he interrupted his father. "Father, I understand that farmers are very necessary and are of a very honorable profession." the boy said with his eyes full of kind consideration. "I just don't feel like this is where I should be. I feel like I need to be somewhere else, somewhere... larger. I need to do something with more of an impact. I just don't know what that 'something' is..."

"Falric, I need you to listen to reason." the father said as he stood up, towering over the boy. "I need you to understand how farming is what you are meant to do... How are you planning to provide for your family?"

"Father we have spoken of this dozens of times already; I am just not suited for what you do." Falric noticed something glinting in the corner of his eye. He turned to look at where it came from in time to see a patrol of Lordaeron soldiers walking by. A smile flashed across his face. "Now, Father I need to talk to you about something. I think I know what I want to do."

Years later Falric did enlist in the Lordaeron guard, then eventually the Royal Guard. Falric quickly befriended the young Prince Arthas while he was on duty. On many insufferably hot and dry days, Falric could be seen receiving drinks from his new friend Arthas. Little did Falric know at the time, but by accepting those drinks he sealed not only his fate, but the fate of many others as well.

Later, during the Second War Falric fought valiantly against the horde to defend Lordaeron. Falric, being a captain, was a key strategist in helping defend the kingdom. Falric's role in the war only strengthened the relationship between him and Arthas.

At the beginning of what is now understood as the Scourge invasion, Falric's adventure with Arthas began at hints of a new strange plague. Falric joined Arthas to be an escort for Jaina Proudmoore, a special agent of the Kirin Tor.