Chapter 1:The Rascal Doesnt See Me That Way

Futaba's P.O.V

"Anyways! What i'm trying to say! Is that, Mai-san! I love, love, love you! I'm all head over heels for you!"

That idiot, what is he doing? Confessing his love like that in front the whole school. He's gonna get in trouble, the teachers don't take dating lightly here. Though, i must admit, having a confession like that, without even the slightest bit of embarrassment. Well, i guess thats something only that idiot Azusagawa could pull off. I'll never be able to do something like that for Kunimi, yeah, never-ever.

The next day

"Morning, Kunimi"

I greet Kunimi as i walk towards him and Azusagawa, who were just exiting the train.

"Oh, Futaba, morning."

As always, my heart races whenever Kunimi greets me, he always has a smile on his face, his voice, soft and mellow. I've known Kunimi for a long time now, but never have i ever been able to tell him how i felt. When news got around that he had already been dating someone else, i didnt feel anything in particular, all i remember is being a bit ticked off at him. However, i got over it quickly as i knew the day was soon to come.

"How kind of you to greet Kunimi, but i would also like to have some appreciation from a fellow acquaintance."

Azusagawa pouts and he yawns loudly and obnoxiously.

"Its obviously not morning for you, Azusagawa. Your eyes looked like those of a steamed fish."

I tease Azusagawa bit knowing that he would give me another sarcastic-one liner in response. He has his good sides to him too. He's always fun to talk with, he never eliminates the conversation immediately. He's honest and very diligent. He always looks in others eyes before looking at his own. That could explain those eye bags. He speaks his mind and act about his own reckless actions. Honestly, he's such a rascal, not a complete smartass, but not an absolute fool either.

"Well, i did spend my last 3 days staying up for Mai-san's existence, maybe that could explain it."

He says as he yawns again. Again with the Sakurajima-senpai. I acknowledge that she's a big shot, but having acquainted with someone like Azusagawa, how far has this world strayed from God?

"Anyways, thats partially thanks to you, Futaba. Your quantum whatever managed to uncover the factors of the Puberty Syndrome, honestly, you're the one i could rely most on this situation, so thanks for the help."

Azusagawa adds on as he glimpse at me for a bit. We make eye contact and i blush slightly. I hide my face hoping Azusagawa won't see.

"I didn't do anything much, to say the least, i wasn't the one who ran into the school field proclaiming their puppy-love to the whole school."

Sakuta chuckles and continues walking while Kunimi teases him about being with Mai-san and how beautiful she was compared to everyone else.

"By the way, whats that Puberty Syndrome you guys are all caught up on? Sounds interesting."

Kunimi questions curiously as he averts his gaze between Azusagawa and I.

"You don't have to worry about it, Kunimi, its not like you're mind's unstable, in fact i would say you're the most stable of us all."

Azusagawa explains, avoiding Kunimi's question.

"Well, i really do need concentration when shooting those hoops."

In contrast, Kunimi mentions about a competition they were going to have a month from now. They have some practice matches, i guess i should drop by sometime.