Chapter 2-Hiding from the Alpha

Start from the beginning

We are both on the ground holding our stomach when all the guys from the meeting run outside, “What’s wrong? We heard you both crying.” Chase says.

We both look at Dylan before looking at each other and laughing harder.

“Okay, what is so funny about me?” Dylan asks.

Mealea looks at him before saying, “Poof!”

That just makes us start laughing harder. I look up through my fogged up vision to see all the males scratching their head.

“Hey Chase did you know magic too?” I ask.

He looks at me confused, “Who knows magic?”

I look at Mealea who is laughing so hard she is gasping for breath, “Dylan can go poof.”

They look at Dylan who just shrugs, “I do not know magic.”

“Dylan.” I say.

He looks at me, “Yeah.”

“Can you just say the word poof?” I ask.

“Why?” He asks.

“Please.” I say pouting through my laughing.

He looks at Chase who just shrugs, “Humor them.”

Dylan points at us, “More than they already are?”

Chase sighs, “Just do it so we can figure out why they are laughing so hard they are crying.”

“Fine po…” He starts before Mealea cuts him off.

“Wait. Say it in a second.” Before she weakly gets up and grabs me and helps me up before dragging me inside and up some stairs.

When we enter a room I notice that it is a bathroom.

She opens the window and we stick our head out the window, “Okay now say it.” She yells.

We look at the guys getting more confused, “Poof.” Dylan yells.

That is all it took for us to fall to the floor laughing so hard we are huddled together. The door opens with Chase and Dylan looking at us more confused.

I look at Mealea, “It may not be the window but it is the door.”

She nods while laughing, “I guess Chase is one too.”

We quickly sober up when we have cold water sprayed on us. We look up to see Chase holding the shower head and Dylan turning off the water.

“What the hell is so funny?” Dylan yells.

“Girl talk, my dear cousin.” Mealea says before walking over to Chase and giving him a wet hug.

“Now I have to change my shirt.” Chase says before tossing the towel he does not have around Mealea to Dylan.

“I bet if you say poof your shirt will change.” Mealea says before looking back at me and winking.

Okay I will admit I can see myself being friends with that girl.

Dylan helps me off the floor before putting a towel around me, “What was all that about?”

I laugh a little because my stomach is killing me, “Like your cousin said girl talk.”

He shakes his head, “Your mom brought your things to your room and told me which one so I can lead you to it so you can change.”

I nod, “It is my room temporarily.”

He nods, “Yes because you will be moving into my pack house soon.”

I shake my head, “Nope because my room at my parents’ house is being redecorated.”

He opens the door before following me in, “No you are my mate and will live with me.”

I laugh, “You cannot order me to do anything.”

I grab out some clothing and clean undergarments before going into the bathroom to change. When I come out he is sitting on the bed with his arms crossed.

“What?” I ask him.

“I was not ordering you I was telling you. You are my mate which means you will have to live with me in my pack house.” He says.

I walk up to him before saying, “Well mister Alpha who said I want to be your mate. You know nothing about me or what I have gone through.”

I then walk out of the room and down the stair before grabbing my phone and headphones off the table next to the room the meeting was in. I walk towards the woods with my music blaring in my ears. When I feel I am deep enough I climb the closest tree that I can.

I look out from the tree and can feel my anger slowly fading away. I don’t know how long I will be able to hide from everyone but I hope for a while I can have some alone time. I position myself so I can lean on the tree and sit comfortably without falling. I don’t know how long I sit there before I feel my eyes grow heavy.

When I wake I am shocked that I am in the same position. I stop my music and see that I have missed calls. There are three from my mom, four from my dad and six from and unknown number. I take out my headphones to just hear crunching of leaves around me.

“Piper?” I hear the sound of my dad’s voice.

I am about to call out until I hear Dylan’s voice call out my name. I text my dad where I am and tell him I am hiding from Dylan because he upset me.

“Dylan I think we should go back to the house to see if she returned.” I hear my dad say.

“I will stay out here and look. You go and check and have Mealea link me if she is.” I hear Dylan reply.

I hear the crunching stop in front of the tree I am in. When I look down I see Dylan at the bottom.

“Okay.” I hear my dad say with humor in his voice.

I think he knows Dylan is close to me. When I cannot smell my dad’s scent I watch Dylan’s head swing upwards towards me.

“Come down now Piper.” He says.

Well so much for hiding from the Alpha.