Chapter 2-Hiding from the Alpha

I walk up to Chase’s mate and hold my hand out, “My name is Piper Kern.”

She smiles before hugging me, “I know your name.” When she pulls back she adds, “As Luna I have to know everyone’s name. Though if you are mates with my cousin I am not sure that you will be our future beta you may be his packs future Luna.”

I look at Chase and see him biting his lip, “We will see how everything plays out.” I say.

“Mealea, how about you and Piper go out back and get better introduced.” Chase’s father says.

I watch Mealea nod while smiling, “We can talk about anything you like.”

I nod, “Great.” I say trying to hide the annoyance in my voice.

What can I really talk about with this girl? I really don’t want her knowing all the details of my messed up life. When we get out back I am surprised to see it is empty.

“The kids are all at school.” She says.

I nod, “That’s cool.”

She smiles, “So Chase says you are doing college online so you can devote some time to the pack as well as school.”

I nod, “Yeah. I thought at the time it would be the best thing for everyone.”

She smiles sadly, “He told me about your horrible break up.”

I look away, “I do not want to talk about that.”

She nods, “One question though. He is the reason you decided to do online versus regular college right?”

I nod, “Not only him but his little sister. He did not want me going away and meeting someone because he thought we were mates even though I never got the feeling we were but I fell in love with him.”

She nods, “Love can do things that hurt so many people in the end. I am an example. I fell in love with my mate and now my cousin is hurt because I wanted to be in my mates pack.”

I nod, “I can understand why he is hurt. Someone he would protect with his life told him that they wanted to switch packs. That must have been torture for him to hear.”

She looks down sad, “I know. He broke a lot of things that night.” She looks up at me before continuing, “The two packs have had a horrible past and Chase and I are hoping that us being mates will help that packs. Well I guess you and my cousin Dylan also might help too.”

I look away before saying, “I don’t know if I am ready to start another relationship even if it is with my mate.”

She nods, “That is understandable but it is unavoidable.”

I sigh, “I don’t know I can be pretty invisible when I want to.”

She looks at me shocked, “Are you talking about hiding from Dylan?”

I nod, “When I do not have to report to him.”

She laughs, “Good luck with that. He will find you even when you think he won’t.”

I laugh with her, “I am sure if I hide in a tree he will pop up above me on a branch.”

She starts laughing more, “Or if you hide in a bathroom he will pop up at the window even if it is two stories up.”

I have to put my hand on my stomach because of us laughing so much, “You are making him sound like a wizard now.”

She falls out of her chair from laughing, “I guess I did didn’t I?”