Chapter 01

Lifting my head, I look around the room groggily, my wrists strapped to the comfy chair. That's the only mercy they show us here. Coughing up blood, I spit it onto the ground and rasp in a painful breath. Looking around, I know it's nearly time. 

I was kidnapped... when? Squinting, my blurred vision worsens and clears only to repeat as I look around the dark room, my vision black at the edges. I watch him enter the room, the man that brought us here. Tall and dark, he wears a mask and holds a syringe. He likes to make new creatures... I don't know why... Am I next?

Walking over to the boy unconscious beside me, I watch him grip his hair roughly and yank his head to the side. "don't" he whimpers, his eyes barely opening. His body weak and fragile "please-" his own scream interrupts his sentence, the man pulls the syringe out of his neck. Dropping it with precise, calculated movements he turns to me.

I say nothing, already tilting my head for him. I'd rather go without pain. Without Getting it stabbed into my neck. I don't feel a pinch of pain, I don't feel the sharp syringe scrap against my bruised neck or the man yank on my long hair. Looking up expectingly, the syringe is empty. "You really are, Hope aren't you?" he murmurs, his voice deep and gravely. "Just when did I drive you mad? No matter. I'll give you all 365 days to survive"

It has begun.

It's our time.

We are going to die.