Dalawa

I ended up sleeping till we got to New Jersey. Most of the Air Turbulence scared me but I convinced myself it was normal. It was early in the morning there,like five-forty something.

We walk out the plane slowly with the flight stewardess' guidance. In the Airport,I almost vomit from the dizziness. Inside was so huge and I wanted to see everything inside,causing my head to hurt and I had to stop and follow my mom to get our bags. Soon enough,we got our bags and went out to grab our taxi.

Things here weren't so bad, I mean,it is New Jersey. Everything is legal in New Jersey. Haha,reference.

Mom gave the driver a paper with our destination written on it and then we started to move. I continued to watch out the window,seeing if its okay. Forgive my humor.

I imagined what my life would be from here and on. Maybe I could be able to make some friends, feel at home. I could be able to play my instrument. All the positive possibilities traveled to my mind,then I pushed them aside,thinking they would be like the ones on American movies. Popular kids and the losers and all others,in a category. Maybe they aren't really like that? Maybe they're nice. Yeah, you can't determine someone by what you only see in movies and read in books.

When we got to the apartment, my mom let me choose which bed I wanted. I chose the one with the window that revealed the street,letting me see who would be coming in the building or not.

I put my suitcase on the bed and collapsed beside it,in starfish pose. I heard a knock on the door and saw my mom.

"Hijo,I'm going to the market, you wanna come?" She said. Still staring at the ceiling,I shook my head and told her I was good. With a nod of her head,she closed the door.

I shouldn't be grieving here like someone had died. I should be out to explore new economy. I watch my mom walk out the building and I jumped out of bed, Looking around the apartment room. We had a kitchen connected to the living room,that should comfort me from being scared of going to the kitchen.

I watch tv, looked into the bathroom, and even opened the fridge to see if food would magically appear. When that didn't happen, I figured I should walk around the place.

Making sure my phone was with me,in case I'd get lost,I checked if all windows and doors were locked before heading out.

I searched in Google map for any 7-11 nearby. Luckily,it was a good walk-able distance away. I notice a school where I would be going to soon on my way. Finally,I got to 7-11 and was relieved to finally see a familiar place.

By the slushie machine,a guy was talking optimistically to whom I assumed was his friend. They went out of the store and got into their car. I got myself a drink and a packet of jelly beans,chilling in there for a while before leaving.