Chapter 2: Strange And Beautiful

Start from the beginning

"You know what-"

"Aubrey, let me take it from here," Chloe cuts me off probably sensing that a fight may come up between me and The Captain.

Aubrey shoots me one last glare as Chloe pulls me to the side so she could help me catch up with the choreography without interrupting the rest of the group.

"Okay," she smiled. How can she smile at times like this? "So tell me where you're having difficulty at."

I simply stare at her. She is looking too cute on her grey shirt but too hot as she pulls her hair across her shoulder to the front. When she tilts her head slightly to the side, I fight the urge to look at the exposed skin on her neck.

"Come on, Beca. Let me help you," she speaks softly.

And I let her. One word and I let her in.

"Really, I can do the turn."

"So what's the problem?" Chloe sounds so friendly and sincerely concerned when she asks the question while Aubrey always sounds like, well, a bitch.

"You know, with all the right to left movements, feet and hands moving at the same time, I just get confused when I get there, or maybe I tend to completely forget the steps."

She nods her head understandingly, "Why don't we do it slowly first?"

I shrug but follow as she starts counting. I move as she moves. Slowly, we perfectly executed the choreography.

"Now let's try it a little faster."

I nod and follow after her again. We did it.

"Now with music, from the top."

We both start singing, " I saw the sign... "

Boom. I messed up. But instead of bitching around like how Aubrey does, Chloe smiles at me encouragingly.

"That's alright. Let's do it again."

I try but only to fail.

"Fuck."

"Here," Chloe stands behind me and holds my hands. She directs them to their proper movement according to the choreography. Now instead of paying attention, my entire attention is focused on how close she is to me, her hands upon my hands, her vanilla scent - they are all intoxicating. I pretend like I don't enjoy it, like I don't give a shit, but God knows my heart is skipping a beat and butterflies are fluttering in my stomach.

"Take five, aca-bitches."

Aubrey announces and the other girls ran for their water bottles. Chloe finally let go of my hands and tells me that I should take a break, too. I watch as she heads towards Aubrey, secretly wishing that she would stay with me

longer.

"I know that look," Fat Amy wraps her bulky arm around my shoulder and looks at me accusingly as we walk to my backpack.

"What look?"

She starts laughing. God, this girl is really weird.

"Do you know how I manage to get myself so many boyfriends?" she asks, nibbling on a piece of Chips Ahoy.

Are these guys fully aware and oriented that Amy's been referring to them as their boyfriends? Just curious, man.

"The thing is I've seen that look, Beca."

Again, I ask, "What look?"

"That look when you secretly like someone."

I quietly drink some water, ignoring her