Chapter 2

Jake POV

Emma.. That was her name. She was gorgeous, but also witty. I loved the little bit of her personality that I had gotten to know. She was so funny! Imaginary flamingo friend Pedro? Where does she get this stuff from? It was awesome, so refreshing compared to the normal bullshit I heard coming out of what's-her-face's name every day. What was her name again? Oh that's right, Coco or something like that. God I hated that bitch. Why was I dating her again? Oh right, the whole hot guys date hot girls thing. And it helped Ben get in her friends pants. After Emma said something to me about neither her or Pedro wanted to be my friend, I asked her if she wanted to go do something tonight. She seemed like she was off in la-la land and didn't hear me. Disappointed, I went to go find Cocopuff to break it off with her. I was tired of her insisting I call her that stupid name, tired of her whining all the time. I was ready to chase someone new, someone funny, someone gorgeous, someone who had personality. I was ready to chase Emma.

Emma POV

I hoped he was actually going to leave me alone. I don't need a repeat of what happened last time. Jake was obviously a playing bad boy with a slut girlfriend. Hello, this is high school. I walked out of the classroom on my way to English, my second hour. As I walked out of the room, I saw Jake leaning up against a wall talking to some slutty looking girl. See? Slutty girlfriend. He was talking to her like he was really bored and all of a sudden she turned and ran to her slut friends, crying? Trouble in paradise much?

"Hey Emma, what's your next class?" Jake's voice broke my daze.

"I thought I said I didn't want to talk to you Jake" I snapped.

"That doesn't answer my question Emma"

"Whatever. I've got English"

"That's funny. I've got the same"

I groaned internally.

"So, you, me, date tonight?" He asked, seeming confident I'd say yes.

*****FLASHBACK*****

"Let's go out tonight Emma. What do you say" he whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine

"Sure, I'd love to"

"Really?" He asked, almost surprised.

"Yes"

"Alrighty then, I'll pick you up at seven"

As he walked away I sighed.

Later that night, I was waiting for him and as soon as the clock hit seven, there was a knock on the door. I opened it, letting the cold air in.

"MOM I'M LEAVING, I'LL BE BACK BY ELEVEN!" I yelled as I walked out the door.

*****END FLASHBACK*****

"Why should I say yes? If I recall, I did just tell you not to talk to me" I shot back, not missing a beat.

"Well, how could you say no? Have you seen me?" he replied with a crooked grin.

"Hm. Let me think. No"

I spun on my heel, flipping my long chestnut hair in his face.

He caught my arm.

"Wait did you just say no?"

"Correct" I snapped, getting irritated.

"But, why?" he asked, seeming baffled.

"I'm not falling for your crap Jake. I'm not just some girl you can hump and dump. N-O. No I will not go out with you."

I turned again, but he grabbed my arm and spun me around again.

"Please? I'm not trying to get in your pants I swear." he begged.

I snorted. Ladylike, right?

"Give me a good reason"

"Wellitsjustumyouseemreallycoolandinterestingandyouregorgeousanduhijustsortawantedtogettoknowyoubettermaybifyoudgivemeachancepleasejustonedate" he blurted so fast I only caught the words 'gorgeous' and 'give me a chance'

"Pardon me?" I aasked a bit confused about the way he was speaking and why, "Why are you talking so fast?"

"Um nerves I guess? Never had to beg a girl to go out with me. I said 'well you just seem really cool and interesting and you're gorgeous and I just wanted to get to know you better if you'd give me a chance. Please just one date?"

I stood there processing. Should I do it? No harm in just one date right? And I had to admit he was cute when he was blushing nervously like he was now.

"Hmmmm...."

"Emma I will get on my knees and beg you" he declared, moving to kneel

"No no no, no need to do that" I said pulling him back up

"I'll go"

"Really??" he asked excitedly.

"Sure, as long as it keeps you from begging."

"Awesome! What time?"

"Be at my house by eight? I don't have a curfew so we'll have as long as we want."

"Great this is great this is so great thank you so much! I'll make sure it's a date you don't forget." he said excitedly.

After exchanging numbers, he walked in the opposite direction as he was skipping English class.

"Oh and Jake?"

"Yeah Em?"

Wow a nickname already? Ok I guess.

"I'm driving."

*AUTHORS NOTE*

Let me know how it's coming along in the comments section. Please?