iv. long time no see

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, her path was blocked by two men. Audrey recognized them from the movie's trailer.

"Oh, hello," Audrey said kindly while taking a step back. "And you are?"

"I'm Joe Mazzello and this is Ben Hardy," one of the two men spoke, while extending one of his hands. Audrey quickly remembered him from her Instagram comments and how she hadn't known who he was.

"Finally, I can put some faces onto your names," Audrey joked while shaking Joe's hand and then Ben's.

"You're in the film, right?"

Audrey knew they were in the movie. She just needed to make small talk.

"Yeah, I'm playing Roger Taylor and Joe is playing John Deacon," Ben Hardy responded with a charming smile.

"What an honor."

"Gwilym is playing Brian May," Joe told Audrey with a slight smirk on his face. "He tells us you were friends in college?"

Audrey was caught off guard. He spoke to them about me? Butterflies invaded her stomach.

"Gwilym? Yeah, we were very good friends," Audrey answered, a hit of pink peaking through her cheeks.

"Very good friends?" Ben asked, with a raise of his brow.

"What do they want from me?" Audrey thought to herself.

"Uh-I'd say so," she uttered, a bit flustered.

"Are these two annoying you?" a deep and soft voice spoke from behind Audrey. She turned around only to see Rami Malek, in all his glory, standing in front of her.

"Excuse you?" Joe asked annoyed.

"Rami!" She exclaimed with wide arms. They shared a brief hug. "It's so good to see you again. You looked amazing in the trailer."

"Thank you, darling," Rami responded. He had a sort of glow that night, you could tell that he was very proud of being granted the opportunity of playing the iconic Freddie Mercury.

"She didn't seem that happy when meeting us," Joe told Ben.

"That's because she didn't know who we were, idiot," Ben responded, with a role of his eyes.

As if appearing from thin air, Ayla was suddenly at Audrey's side. Her friend was beaming, she couldn't contain her excitement. Her wide and beautiful smile did not go unnoticed by Rami, though.

She introduced the two and decided to leave them alone, her job was done. Audrey told her to meet her inside, so she just went on ahead.

Audrey thought she was free until she felt a soft tap on her shoulder. She turned around and there he was. It was him. Towering over her looking as handsome as ever sporting a bit of scruff and a navy suit: Gwilym Lee.

"Long time no see," Gwilym greeted with a warm smile. The same smile that always made Audrey swoon over him. The same smile that made her recognize her feelings for him. The same smile that left her.

"Hello, Gwilym," Audrey smiled back, before being engulfed in a hug by her ex-best friend. Not long before they had parted ways, she had met Ayla and Oliver. It had been the three of them ever since. Nevertheless, that hug brought back so many memories and feelings for the both of them.

Gwilym didn't want to let her go. Not again.

"I see you've met my friends," Gwilym said as he looked back at his co-stars, who were acting as if they were not paying attention. "They're certainly something."

"That they are."

There was a sense of awkwardness between them. Neither wanted to address what had happened in college. Yet, neither wanted to leave each other's side.

A man with a headset came out of nowhere and whispered something in Gwilym's ear. The taller man looked back at Audrey with a glum look on his face. "I'm sorry, Audrey. Brian May and Roger Taylor just arrived and we need to go greet them and stuff like that."

"Oh, you just dropped something," Audrey said as she pretended to pick something up, Brian and Roger's names, and returned it to Gwilym.

Gwilym laughed at Audrey's joke. He loved her sense of humor. "Very funny," he chuckled. "Well, I have to go. I hope I'll see you soon" he said while turning to leave. But before that, he went over to Audrey and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

It was as if a fire had been set off inside of Audrey. She started blushing profusely, but so did Gwilym.

"Goodbye, Audrey," he said before leaving.

All that the brunette managed to do was wave. She walked as quickly as she could in the opposite direction, trying to escape the photographers. She couldn't help but grin to herself as she made her way inside the theater.

Author's note!I'm back from the dead y'all! I'm already on my holiday break so I will be more active, I promise! Also, this chapter was longer than the others but I didn't want to slack off so I hope you enjoyed it

Author's note!
I'm back from the dead y'all! I'm already on my holiday break so I will be more active, I promise! Also, this chapter was longer than the others but I didn't want to slack off so I hope you enjoyed it. Finally, happy holidays to all of you who are celebrating and thanks for 900+ reads😘🎉