Erica stood there, admiring the adorable scene playing out in front of her. She enjoyed watching him interact with them because it was obvious how deep his love for them was. She thought about what an amazing dad he was going to be but then quickly pushed it from her mind.

She had decided that she couldn't be with him. Erica just didn't know how she could ever handle all that came with him and because of that, she had to quit thinking about things that would make her fall for him more.

"Myles, are you in there?" Chris called out once he put Stella back on the ground. He heard his voice in response and then said, "You guys built such a cool fort!"

"I don't wike it!" They heard Myles shout, causing them both to crack up. "Stella opened the door!"

"How about we come in and then close the door?" Erica asked.

The little boy agreed so they let Stella climb in before Erica got on her hands and knees and got in before lastly Chris wiggled his bulky frame in. He looked around and saw his two nephews sitting with Dodger and Jacky while Stella curled up on Erica's lap in the little fort.

The little group had fun, playing games inside the pillow fort until the pizza came. After dinner they all watched a movie and then ended up tearing the pillow fort down and moved the couch so the kids could all spread out their sleeping bags on the carpet. With all the fun and excitement they had, it didn't take long after Chris and Erica tucked them in for the kids all to be fast asleep.

"I have some cookies and cream ice cream in my freezer.... Do you want some?" Erica asked quietly once the kids were all sleeping along with both of the dogs.

"Do I want some?" Chris chuckled. "You already know the answer to that question."

She smiled before walking into the kitchen and pulled out the carton of ice cream and two spoons. Chris couldn't help but admire how adorable she looked leaning against the counter in an old tee shirt and soft pajama pants. Her curly hair was messy and cute, and she just looked so sweet that all he wanted to do was wrap her up in his arms and hold her tight.

Erica walked over to sit in the stool that was at her kitchen counter island and put the carton down along with Chris' spoon. He took the cue and walked over to sit on the stool right next to her and they sat facing each other while each digging their spoons in the ice cream and taking bites.

"So..." Erica trailed off, dragging her spoon in the ice cream aimlessly. "I was kind of thinking that we should talk."

Instantly Chris tensed. He didn't want to talk. He just wanted to forget that it ever happened.

"Erica, we don't need to talk," He left his spoon stuck in the ice cream and leaned an arm against the counter. "It's really fine. Like I told you before, you don't owe me an explanation."

"I feel like I do though," She replied. "I've been thinking about it a lot Chris and I just know that you wouldn't be happy with me. I could never be what you need."

"That's the thing though, Erica. You're exactly what I need... I'm already happy with you," He told her.

"I just don't think you would be in the long run though," Erica was honest.

Chris held up his hand and said, "Look Erica, I really don't want to talk about this because I feel like it wi-"

He never got to finish his sentence.

Erica quickly threw her arms around his neck and passionately pressed her lips up against his. Chris didn't reciprocate her kiss at all because he was too shocked. He just sat there until she pulled away from him. Erica left her arms around his neck and panted while staring into his blue eyes.

"I thought.... I mean, you just... oh fuck it," Chris mumbled before putting his big hands on either side of her face and brought his lips against hers again.

The two sat there on the kitchen stools, kissing each other passionately until they finally needed breath and had to part. When they did, Erica brought a hand up to rub along his cheek while she said with teary eyes, "Chris, I don't care. I don't care about the fame that comes along with you, I just want to be with you more than anything."

"God, I've been hoping that you'd say something like that," Chris let out a happy laugh before wrapping his thick arms around her little frame and hugging her tightly.

"I'm sorry it took me a little while to figure that out," She apologized while squeezing him back.

Chris let go of her so that he could look into her dark eyes and reached up to tuck some of her curls behind her ear as he softly smiled, "I don't care, as long as I get to be with you now."

The two stayed in the kitchen, hugging, crying and kissing until their spike of emotional had finally come down and reality set in. Chris took her into the living room, where they curled up on the couch and watched the kids sleeping, so happy to finally be together.

"You know, Stella was right..." Erica trailed off in a quiet voice while looking up at him and rubbing a hand over his beard, "When you give kisses, your beard is scratchy... but I like it."