Erica was surprised by the sensitivity of his words and she held her brush still while turning to look at him. His blue eyes met hers and he looked at her in a way she hadn't seen before. She watched him take a deep breath before telling her, "Erica, I actually need to talk to you about something..."

She could tell he was being serious so she rested her brush on top of her paint can and wiped her hands off on her ripped jeans. Erica let both Jacky and Dodger curl up flopped in her lap while she said to him, "Of course, what is it?"

His broad shoulders tensed while he rubbed his big hands along his sweatpants. He didn't want to tell her this, but he knew he had to and quickly told her, "Erica this is so embarrassing for me but I just always want to be totally honest with you... um last night when I got home early, I was in my bedroom when you were in yours and well... uh, I um, I saw you."

Erica was completely confused and wrinkled her forehead while tilting her head and asked, "Saw me what?"

Chris wanted to smack his hand to his forehead. Was she really going to make him say it right to her? Apparently she was so he told her, "I saw you in your underwear."

Her response surprised Chris because she just laughed loudly before rolling her eyes, "Ha ha, very funny...oh shit.... You're being serious."

All at once, she remembered everything. She remembered after getting out of the shower, turning on her music and dancing around while picking up some things. Erica had remembered that she didn't bother closing her curtains since Chris wasn't supposed to be home yet and now she gravely regretted that.

Erica instantly felt her face burn red and felt mortified. Chris was a hollywood actor and an attractive one at that. She knew that not only had Chris had lots of beautiful girlfriends, but had been in lots of movies with gorgeous women who were wearing a lot less than she had been and that only embarrassed her more. All she could think about was what Chris thought about how she looked and probably thought how terrible she looked compared to what he has seen. It only reminded her of the great divide of their lives.

"I'm not trying to embarrass you or anything like that Erica, I truly just want to be honest with you," He started. "Carly walked in and-"

"Oh god, did Carly see me too?" Her white skin burned red.

"Erica, that's not the point I-" Chris went on but she shook her head.

Erica put her hand up and said, "Chris, I really don't want to talk about this. I just want either A) The ground to open up and swallow me whole or B) Get that remote thing from the Matrix that can wipe your memory."

Even though she was trying to joke, the truth was she was just plain mortified. Chris told her though, "That's not the point though Erica, I think you're beautiful but not even because of that, but the person you are. Carly and I talked for a long time after and I realized that telling you this is worth the risk."

"Telling me what?" She didn't understand.

Chris ran one of his big hands through his soft brown hair and pushed it away from his face before resting his elbows on his knees and told her, "Erica, I think you already know this, but I have feelings for you."

She sat there, blinking slowly as her brain tried to comprehend the information so he went on, "Erica, you're the most amazing woman that I've ever met and I understand if you don't feel the same way but I just had to tell you."

She felt her heart pounding so loudly that she swore it could start an earthquake. Erica felt like she didn't even know how to handle this. She wondered for a moment if this was a weird dream or some sort of sick joke. Erica stood up and started pacing back and forth in the garage, trying to calm her breathing while nervously twisting her pony tail around her finger.

Chris knew the silence was bad.

He hung his head for a long moment before pushing himself to his feet and told her, "Erica, if you don't want me, just tell me. I can't stand you saying nothing."

She finally stopped pacing and felt tears prickling her her eyes while wringing her hands together. Erica felt all of her passion and deep affection for him in her heart. She wanted to throw her arms around his neck and kiss him and tell him exactly how she felt. Erica's brain then reminded her of all the things she didn't want to think of but she had to.

Erica thought about herself with Chris. Chris Evans. Captain America. Hollywood's hunky leading man. He traveled all over the world, going to premieres and filming movies while she walked her dog and cut out coupons for laundry detergent. Sure they had a great relationship when he was here but what about when the fangirls found out and attacked her, or she had to go down a red carpet, or what she dreaded more than anything... when Chris realized how plain and boring she was compared to the glamorous hollywood women he knew and realized what a mistake he made and broke up with her.

A few soft tears escaped her eyes and Chris studied her face, desperate for an answer which she finally gave him, "Chris, I respect you and our friendship too much to lie to you. I want to be with you Chris, but I don't know if I can. I don't know if I can handle the fame."

A long sigh came out of his mouth while his shoulders slumped. Chris shoved his hands in his pockets before telling Erica, "I understand. I'm the actor and sometimes I don't feel like I can handle it so I understand that it's too much, I really do."

"I'm so sorry Chris, I re-" He cut her off by holding his hand up and said, "Erica, you don't owe me an explanation. I think I'll just go."

Chris gave her a sad smile before turning and walking out of her garage with Dodger right behind him. Exactly what he had been afraid of had come true and he was completely devastated. What he didn't realize was that while he went back home to internally beat himself up for even telling her in the first place, Erica went inside her home to cry until she had no more tears to cry.