"Uh, guys, I have a feeling that-" but was cut off mid-sentence with Derek surfacing right in front of them with a huge whoosh of water that nearly drowned them all, growling loudly. They could tell from his scent, even diluted with the chlorine that he wasn't angry put playful, and he started splashing them all.

They caught their breath and then the three of them tackled him, not very successfully of course, but they succeeded in their goal of getting Derek to stop his work and join them for some fun. The four continued to tackle, splash, and cavort in the pool enjoying each other.

Derek had Stiles sitting on his shoulders and Danny had Jackson on his. They were playing a game of chicken in the pool, when Derek stopped and turned towards the front of the house, Stiles falling backwards into the water.

"Hey, why did you stop?" exclaimed Stiles as he came up and Derek's growl silenced him and the others too. They froze in the pool, looking at Derek, sensing something was happening.

Derek sniffed as the wind brought a scent to him that he wanted desperately to smell. The other three caught it too, and Stiles piped up. "Oh, my God. Is that..." and Derek's growl shushed him again.

Derek got to the end of the pool and got out. The boys marveled at Derek's shirtless body, his cargoes clinging to his round and taunt ass like a second skin. Water dripped from his body as he stood, running his hands back through his thick, black hair to squeeze some of the water off him. He shook his hands telling the three to "Stay here. I'll handle this." None of them uttered a word, not even Stiles.

From around the side of the house walked a young, dark haired boy, looking at the scene with a forlorn look on his face. Derek caught his scent again as it shifted to one of fear as he met Derek's gaze.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, his face hard and his tone vibrating slightly. It was the voice of the Alpha but Derek remained in human form. It wasn't loud but it was intimidating nonetheless. "I thought you said you didn't want anything to do with us and that you didn't need us 'stupid wolves' any more?" he asked sarcastically. The young boy, winced at Derek's stinging words.

The breeze brought the scent of submission and supplication to him. The face of the young man was facing the ground now, and Derek saw tears hit the shale stones of the patio, making dark splash patterns.

Derek growled softly and the scent changed, adding fear.

"I'm not going to hurt you," he said, his voice still Alpha. He reached over and took the chin of the boy and lifted the face so he could see his eyes. The eyes did not meet his as the scent of submission flared. Derek was pleased.

"I'm sorry, Derek" a soft voice came. "I was wrong. About a lot of things," the dark haired boy said.

"Look at me," Derek commanded, his voice, returning to normal. The boy looked at him, his beautiful, brown eyes brimming with tears again.

"Please forgive me Derek. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know where else to go. I don't want to be alone. I was so wrong..." and he started sobbing, his head once again drooping.

Derek pulled him into his chest, the young boy gasping then relaxing into Derek's arms, the tears and sobs coming without abandon now. Derek put his chin on the top of the boy's head, and held him in his arms, stroking the back of his hair, trying to console him.

The young boy spoke, between sobs, so Derek had to put it all together. "Are you sure that's what you want?" he asked.

He pulled the brown-eyed face back and his green eyes saw his answer. "Yes, please. I'm so, very sorry." The boy's body convulsed in Derek's arms, sobs wracking him from head to toe.

Behind him, Derek heard the other three boys coming up to stand there and watch. They were silent and still, observing the scene in their backyard. Stiles had tears in his eyes as he felt Derek's scent change to acceptance and love. Danny smiled and leaned his head into Jackson's.

Derek pulled the boy back, his face still dropping, and his arms, hanging at his side. The boy, quieted his sobs, and wiped his face with one arm, succeeding in only smearing the tears. He opened his eyes and looked at Derek, his lip quivering.

He shifted his feet slightly more apart, and bared his throat to Derek, his scent of submission in full. Derek's eyes growled red and he shifted to Alpha form but remained where he was. The dark haired boy closed his eyes, and whispered softly, "Please. Claim me. I want to be where I belong." A single tear ran down his cheek.

Behind him, Derek heard Stiles inhale sharply and cover his mouth. Jackson tweaked him to keep him quiet.

The Alpha didn't respond to the noise behind him. He bared his fangs, and said, "Welcome home, Scott," and sank his fangs into the exposed neck in front of him, claiming the beta as his own. Bringing him back to the pack.

Tears of elation ran down Scott's face and the faces of his three brothers watching just a short distance away.

Their brother was home.

* * * (Okay, yes, I did it again. I made myself cry. I told you, it's that song from Two Steps from Hell back in Ch. 5. Gets me every time. Next chapter, less sap, more angst and action; I promise. Perhaps weapons?)