Chapter One: Naomi's High-School Best Friend

Author's Note: I have opted to go with the 1971 version of the 2005 reboot. I've watched both films before, and I think the original was a bit better than Tim Burton's, since his one was rather dark and didn't show much light in some scenes, and it was hard to try and see things in scenes. Plus, the original has always been my favourite, and after doing some research, I found out the filming was in Munich, Germany, so I am taking a guess the chocolate factory is stationed in Germany. In addition, I will be including some more characters into the story.

Now, enough of me talking. On with the story!

~*~*~

Our story begins in Merrillville. A small town in Ross Township, Lake County, Indiana. The population is 35,246 residents. Merrillville is located in the East-central portion of the Lake County area, in the Chicago metropolitan area. On January 1, 2015, Merrillville became the most populated town in Indiana, as Fishers in Hamilton County was converted from a town to a city.

Merrillville High School: a public high school up in Merrillville, Indiana for students in grades nine through twelve. Merrillville High is the only high school in alignment with the Merrillville Community School Corporation. In the 2009-2010 school year, Merrillville High added a Freshmen Center Wing to the Northeast corner of the school.

The demographic breakdown of the 2335 students that had enrolled in school years 2012-2013 is as follows:

Male - 49.9%
Female - 50.1%
Native American - 0.1%
Asian/Pacific islander - 1.1%
Black - 59.4%
Hispanic - 16.2%
White - 16.3%
Multiracial - 6.9%

The setting is out in the schoolyard, a group of friends surrounding an outdoor table that is placed nearby a large oak tree. The teenagers are all good friends with one another, and they were enjoying their company today, especially since today is a Friday, and the weekend is just tomorrow.

The first of the group of teenagers is a male, his skin tone a Caspian white, making him look like a ghost. He may look like 14 years of age, but he looked like he is 10 by the face. His eyes are a cobalt blue, whilst his hair is a brown colour. He stands 6ft 5" tall, whilst his body is skinny. He has broad shoulders, lean legs and arms, whilst he has lean muscles. He looks like his dominant hand is his left, since he leads with a left step. He is wearing a blue-stripe white t-shirt with short sleeves that only reaches to the middle of his upper arms, a set of jet black cargo pants with no pockets across them, and he also has a pair of black sneakers with electric blue stripes across the sides of them. This boy's name is Braedey Gray Martin.

Braedey is what one can call a courageous and a capable being. His sense of right and wrong seems to be the one thing that makes him noticeable around town, since he is such a nice guy. He's an expert martial artist, owns a dojo in his name, and he has even created his own type of fighting style he has called 'Martin-Fu', created by combing Judo, Kung-Fu, Karate, and the fighting style hat has been used by Tarzan. He is also a tinkerer, and likes to work around anything and everything that is mechanical, whether it is a car or even a plane.

One of Braedey's friends is Tyler Joseph Blake. He is a Caucasian male at 14 years old. He has bright golden blonde hair done up in a spiky fashion, greenish-blue eyes, and he always has a toothy grin on his rather chiselled and handsome face, making girls swoon at him. He has a toned body figure, with lean muscles, along with large and shaped abs that a grown man could die for. He is currently wearing a black shirt that has a bright white skull and crossbones in the middle of the chest, faded blue denim jeans, with black motorcycle boots, and has a black scarf around his neck.