The tale of the war for a new life!

Hey guys I decided to work on a old book I wanted to make and decided to share it... Well some of it. There is some graphic content when ther is a battle but ill start of with my frist chapter. This storie follow three men one a general, the other a lieutenant, and finaly a private who is the brother to the generals staff member. along with the generals closeest frineds I can get 6 reads Ill up dtae soon.... by and I hope you injoy a war that mean indepence for a new just band of soldiers.  also I was going to have this metioned later on but this story is in the year 2030. Not in the american civil war sorry if it gives you the wrong Idea.

----------------------

Chapter 1: The war of freedom is now found.

                It’s a quite October night in the hills a Virginia. The sounds of men marching and digging are muffled by a light rain. The sight of men on this hill cutting trees and digging trenches is a sight to behold. The rain starts to poor down harder as two men begin to talk. “I bet the dam yanks are going to come down this road General Rebel.”  Said one of the men.  Just then the other man turns around and throws down a shovel he has been using for several hours. Then with a loud boom the man stomps the ground and get out of the hole he is in.

                The man looking at the other dead in the eye begins to speak. “If I didn’t think the enemy would come down this road I would have all of my men call me an idiot. This is not just busy work it is for both me and the men to protect ourselves.” The General made this statement clear to the other. With shock in his eyes the other man shuts up and thinks.

                “General Rebel can I ask one thing of you, Sir.” The man says calm and low enough as if he was afraid that if he spoke any louder he would doom everyone there.

                “Go ahead Lieutenant Armstead.” General rebel said.

                “Sir, all of the officers and men would like to ask you to please for once stop getting in front of everyone else while the fight is going on?” Lieutenant Armstead asked. Puzzled the General stood there for a moment or too. Then when he was about to speak. The Lieutenant quickly stated “Sir, It is not that you’re getting in the way. It is about you constantly putting your life on the line as the enlisted do. Sir, even the enlisted complain about you fighting with them. All of us want you to stay alive but you prefer to do as the enlisted do. When we are on the march they are marching and you’re leading them. When we are in a fight you get in the front of that fight and decide to lead a charge.”

                The General chuckled at this and took a moment to recover. “Lieutenant you will have to put me in the ground before I let one of my men say that I have a life of everything I want. I want you to tell all men that I will lessen my distance in front of them but I will be in the lines as they are.” The lieutenant started to complain but was quickly hushed by the General. “Lieutenant I will make this clear my order and actions are not to be questioned. We are in the third year of this war and our enemy has not ceased to anything. I mean look at the deaths both sides have had.”

                The Lieutenant pulled out some papers from his pocket and began to read them out loud. “Casualty reports: For the new army of the confederacy the total is 20,000 dead, 268,000 wounded, zero missing. For the enemy armies: the Russian army: 30,000 deaths, 200 wounded, 157 missing. For the tyrannical forces of America: 300 deaths, 20 wounded, 300,000 missing. As for the final force the army of…..” The General cuts him off and thinks for a moment.

                “The final force is not one we will speak of here Lieutenant. But anyways I think my point was made. We are using guns from the civil war and yet we are the winning force. The army that betrayed us, the army that oppressed us, and the new army that attacked us has failed at every battle. In fact if I am correct Private Henderson, the Russians are retreating out of the country and should be gone in two or three months.” The general looked at the forest he kept to his rear.