Chapter 3:

This was the second time tonight where I've walked back from the dressing room feeling like I just woke up from a fever dream. I cleaned up a little bit after I pushed Roger out the backstage door, trying to refocus my attention to being a server; not flirting with the super hot drummer for a living!

At least, I wish that's what I did for a living..

In the twenty minutes I've spent with Roger, he has dangerously captured my full interest. I'm not gonna lie to myself and say that I didn't have fun flirting with him, I just have to remember his motive behind flirting with me. If I go back to meet him and we get drunk together though, I don't even know if I'll be able to hold myself b-

"So, you got the band, eh? Figures 'Elena would giveum to ya? You 'aven't even been working 'ere fer six months, not fair." Sarah's irritating cockney accent interrupts my thoughts as I blindly walk down the hall.

"Not today, Sarah." I huff, avoiding making eye contact, and push past her with my tray of empty glasses. I hear her scoff behind me as I keep walking down the hall.

"One day it'll be me!"

"Maybe focus on serving the crowd first before you think you'll be able to serve the band!" I shout back to her.

The bar is empty, but the floor is definitely not. All of the audience is crammed into capacity in front of the stage, buzzing in anticipation, waiting for Queen to walk out. I wonder what type of rock band they are if they have this much of a following but are still playing in small college pubs?

Helena rests her elbows on the bar, chin in her hands as she looks out onto the crowd.

"This is a sick turn out!" I acknowledge to her over the chatter as I put dirty glasses away.

She perks up and turns around to face me, leaning against the bar with her arms crossed. "I know, right? They all got up and left once the lights dimmed. Guess no one is here for just a drink-"

Finishing Helena's sentence, the lights dim further and the crowd roars with excitement. I glance around at the surrounding darkness that now encompasses the pub, then slide past Helena to peek at the stage. The boy's instruments sit lined up in front of the illuminated, red Queen logo, building even more anticipation to the upcoming performance.

I turn back to Helena, eagerness showing in my eyes. "Hmm... I hope this'll be a good show."

"Why don't you get out there and watch, (Y/N)?"

"I'm okay, I can stay back here to help you with the bar." I retort.

"(Y/N)... I obviously don't need any help back here, go ahead and have fun!"

"Seriously, I don't mind." I assert, my hands up in front of my chest.

"Well, I do mind. You work too much! Now, go out there and watch the concert!"

"Okay, fine! I'll go.. Thank you Hel, you're the best!" I reply as I am already walking through the bar flap, making my way towards the back of the audience.

Sitting alone at one of the tables farthest away from the stage is none other than Mary Austin; my good friend who left me to fend for myself alone in a room with Roger Taylor.

"Mary!" I call out, walking towards her.

She turns her head in my direction and grins, "Oh, (Y/N)! This is perfect, we can watch them together back here."

"Sure, fun, but first, where'd you go when I left the dressing room?"

"Here! Had to get a good spot for the show."