7.

After another day on air, Savannah was beat and all she wanted to do was get home. With her now able to gloat about her good news freely, she couldn't wait to get home and pull up the recording of the interview she did with him. Remembering back, it was the most comfortable had felt with an artist. They weren't pushing up on her or being too cold, but more so like two friends who had known each other for years. Getting settled into her car, she took a glance at her phone to find a song to play for her drive home via her Bluetooth, but immediately felt chills and tingles through her body when she saw an iMessage notification, along with a contact she hadn't heard from in a while. The dry, "Hey" threw her off, replying back with the same before going back to her Apple Music app, turning it to the her "Slow Jamz" playlist before pulling out of the parking lot.

"What the hell is he texting me for?" she questioned to herself

Hearing her phone going off in the passenger seat, she saw his reply, asking how she had been and calling her a stranger. Scoffing under her breath, she decided to wait to reply until she was settled at home since it was obvious he wanted conversation. Savannah didn't honestly know how to mentally take on a man like Trey. From her observations of him on social media and in recent interviews, he seemed like he could be the humble country boy who loved God and Black Pride, but then immediately switch to the disrespectful nigga you can't take anywhere without him popping off. In her mind, her life was too slow and simple to put up with the fast paced yo-yoing that came along with getting close to him.

Hearing her phone notifying her of another text, she noticed him shooting her another text, this time the eye emojis due to her lack of response.

"Is he serious?" she asked, coming to a stop at a red light, grabbing her phone and replying back that she was driving home, hoping to cease the texts until she arrived at her destination. It was rare that someone would thirst so hard for her attention, at least not to the caliber of man Trey was. With the plethora of women who wanted nothing but a second of his time, she couldn't understand why he was bothered with her, especially after she stormed out of his hotel just weeks before. Flattered, but concerned at the same time, noticing his reply sitting on her lock screen with a simple, "Okay. Hit me up when you get home. Drive safe".

Shaking her head, she needed the advice of someone who would always give it to her unfiltered, she requested Siri call Kamyah, getting some insight to what she should do next and how to go about a conversation. After a couple of rings, she could hear the sound of Chloe barking in the background, realizing she was still at her house.

"Is that Chloe?" Savannah asked

"Girl, your child needs some manners. I've been tryna leave your place for twenty minutes" Kamyah groaned

"Oh my God, what did she do?" Savannah laughed

"After I fed her, she called herself tryna go to sleep in my arms. I told her ass I was leaving she started all that whining and got more comfy. Come get your child!" Kamyah pouted as Savannah shook her head

"Aww, tell her mommy almost home, but girl so tell me why I just got a text with some "Hey" and "How you been?" type shit" Savannah said

"Wait from who?" Kamyah asked

"Ugh, haven't heard from him in three weeks bitch" Savannah rolled her eyes as Kamyah erupted into laughter

"Shut up! Trey?! Girl, I read he got his sentencing today. He in his feelings huh?" Kamyah asked

"I don't know, but I'm driving home right. So I stopped replying because you know, Atlanta niggas don't know how to drive. So I didn't reply for sixty seconds and here he comes hitting me with the eye emoji!" Savannah interjected