Prologue (Part 2)

I took a breath. Katrina looked at me asked, "What did they want?"

I said, "They would get us out only to be their personal lapdogs. We would clean up loose ends."

She scoffed, "We're never getting out, are we?"

I took a breath and replied, "We will get out. We just need to think of another plan."

She shook her head, "Sorry, Jay, but I can't go through with this. If we get caught, we'll be killed."

I looked down then met her eyes, "I'm going through. With or without you. I'm getting the hell out and no one is going to stop me."

She stared at me and gave a look, "Jay, you can't."

I replied, "My parents left me to die. So did yours. If you're fine with that then ok but me, I'm getting out. I'm not backing out. Someone in here is going to snap and take many with them and I will take any chance I get. So decide now, are you in or are you out?"

She frowned, "I don't want to go against you, Jay."

I repeated, "Are you in or are you out?"

She stared into my eyes and whispered, "I'm out."

I leaned back and nodded, "I knew it. You're a goodie-two-shoes. Can't go against those who don't give a damn and turn down the ones that do." I rose to my feet and moved to the farthest one away. She looked like she wanted to cry and I turned towards the window. About 20 minutes later, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and it was Dominic. He was one of the ones that finished first. He made a gesture with his head and walked to the back room. I rose to my feet and followed. He lead me to the cargo hold. I frowned and he turned, "I'm rebelling. The elders are murderers and we're gonna kill 'em. You in? Either your with us or against."

I stared at him. The elders? I replied, "What did the elders do to you?"

He laughed, "You think the girls were the only ones that got raped? Most of us boys were. Now you in or out?"

I studied him then replied, "No. I just want out. I don't want to kill anyone."

He frowned, "Then I guess you have to die now."

I replied, "How about we help each other? I help you get information on the elders and you give me coverage to get out."

He went quiet then said, "Fine. But you are free game when we are done with the elders."

I nodded, "Deal. What information do you need?"

He straightened and smiled, "Everything you can get on them."

I nodded and turned. He called, "You know, Jay, after you get the information and we kill the elders, you'll be our next target to make sure you don't talk."

I stopped, "Dommy, darling. I know how to hide, and you won't have to worry about me talking."

He stared at my back, "Why won't I?"

I replied, "Because what both of us are doing is treason. We'll both be put to death and I, for one, have a life to live." I started forward and never broke stride. Now, I know what your thinking, this is the beginning of a game. Dominic and his goons never knew what hit them.

~4 months later~

Dominic thought that I gave him reliable information but I made another deal. When I dug into the elders history, I didn't think there would be a trigger. A British Men of Letters agent was sent to take me out, or a person he thought was way older than me. His name was Alexandru Ketch. His last name made me think of the boy I have a brief non-verbal talk with. Arthur Ketch. Had to be related and, boy, was I right. Alexandru was his grandfather and he was 50 when I met him. He walked into where I was looking up the information but saw no one around. I walked in and he turned. He looked confused and asked me, "Who has access to this computer."