Chapter 11: Two Birds One stone

Comenzar desde el principio

"Here you go, one for you and one for you" I take a seat near to Brook

"So how long you two been knowing each other?" Am I stupid? What the heck kinda question was that.

"Gaha! Are you nervous, Phillip? Me and Brook are sisters I said, so I would say all my life!"

A guy reaches out, and kisses you. Wouldn't you be nervous too.

Two birds: This is too unfortunate, I had plans to get out of bed, and get the heck out of there, and for him to come to the same diner!

I had absolutely no idea, what I was saying, when I told him to have a seat, the look he gave me, I will never forget.

Hopefully this thing plays out well, we have been here almost 4 hours. We got nothing done yet, and what is more, my sister and her family is enjoying my company, I can't just up and leave. But I have an idea.

"Hey Brook, how long were you all planning on staying here, in Connecticut?

"Well, we were going on a road trip, so we were just kind of riding along, and we would just stop at different places, no particular destination, why do you ask?"

I didn't wonna explain the whole reason, so I just gave her part. A little less than a part. More like enough information to squash an ant.

"Well, because..... My uh, my hotel room is a master suit, and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out here for a couple days, Its just a thought, don't give it much real attention"

I was hoping and praying that she said yes.

"Well, I don't see a problem with it, what do you think, Kent?"

Kent is Brook's husband, so he's my brother'in'law..... I also have Nieces and Nephews, I know nothing about, isn't that wonderful.

"Well, that would be great, actually. I have some relatives out this way, maybe we could visit them, see some of the sites! And spend some time with family the rest of the time, until you feel its time to head back for home"

Brook: "Oh that's a great idea, so its said. We get a hotel room, and stay a few days"

Yes! Now I must see what I'm gonna do about the case we have.

"No no, I have money for another room, you all can take mine, and I will get a smaller one, I will tell both You and Phillip the room number, and we can have dinner tonight, yeah?"

"Sounds great, little sister!"

I hate when she calls me that.

We all get up, and of course.. We left, so now Phillip and I, begin to search. We went and look up this Manson Billepps, Phillip looked a little nervous, the sweat from his brow my the most loudest twinkling sound, that of dry crystal rubbing another.

"You okay, Phillip? You look a little scared"

Right off, he didn't reply, it took him a while, but then he finally explain, that he was afraid, that he saw the face of the killer, than he'd want to kill him even more, I told him i felt the same, but it didn't change the fact that we needed to know. I hoped, somehow , it wasn't a familiar face. After hours of searching, we found many reports of him, many locations, his favorite hangouts, favorite bars......... A family line, out of all the information we had found, there were no photos to show us my father's murderer. We went into town, checked a couple bars, nothing. A couple restaurants, a couple jazz houses, but still nothing. Then, finally! We landed one club. I the worse place on earth, the words that would be shouted there, would make your chest rumble.. The vulgar display of women's bodies, covered every nook and cranny of the Godforsaken place, horrible sights of various ones, pasted out in corner, under bar, in the hallways... The smell of vomit, exuded from every mouth that walked the club, the bass and sound of the music, so loud, it would make your guts shake and dance, causing you to give way to vomit, but don't dare show it, you were viewed as weak if you did. The man behind the bar had one of the nastiest attitudes. He didn't run the place, but he spoke with authority, why? I don't know, he's just a lowly bartender. He tried to make a move at me, he took hold of my wrist, and spoke his unflattering words in my ear. His breath, cancered out from between his lips, and almost took my life by surprise. I threatened him with no money for his petty commission work, he released me, and gave me some vulgar wording, I was just that close to handing the same words back, but I just smiled and politely told him my DE has a owner with perfect accuracy. He shut his face. I made my way trough the crowd, and bumped into a rather large man, he took a look at me and told me to watch where I was going, I tried to explain how I kinda stumbled, but he didn't care, he shouted hurtful words at me, before I could retaliate, he takes a forceful swing at me. My speed is greater than his. I kneel down, delivering a blow to his package, of course, he couldn't bring himself to stand straight, coming down to the level I was at, I made interaction with our heads, his shaken, mine stirred. The pain was short, so I jetted back to my feet. Now, this is a club, so obviously, this man has a (as of now) angry girlfriend.......... Two! They both charge at me from opposite directions, as unprofessional as it seems, I split kick them both, upon coming done. There, way in the crowd. Phillip, watching steadily, not believing his own eyes. As much as I didn't want him seeing this, I couldn't stop now, cause I have no help, he's too far away and shocked, to even assist, and unless I want to die, I don't have time for pleasantries. The echo from behind, is far too great for me to dodge, so I move with the punch, my head swings forward, missing the attack by little. At this point, there are 4 people taking their places against me, three women, one man. All have physical problems, for instance, the man is blind in one eye, he holds his head stead, yet completely to the left, telling me one eyes is render useless, one of the women has a false hip (her left leg doesn't bend). One of the others has a dislocated arm........ Well not yet, hold on. *Crack* okay, now! And the last, is plain to see.... She's drunk, one blow sends her backwards. There is just one minor problem, they all have fist heading toward me at the same time, noway I'm escaping this one.