Pushing Our Humanity

Începe de la început

"Get him inside."I said but no one moved. I looked up at Bellamy who seemed to be lost.

"I said now!" Bellamy quickly snapped out of his daze and we all ran inside to the drop ship.

***

"Hey Raven." She was pacing around the room making me even more anxious.

"Raven look at me." She met my eyes.

"I need you to work on that radio. Ok?" The concerned girl only nodded and turned to fixing the radio. I placed my hand onto Finn's neck and timed his heart rate. Too high. I then checked his temperature. Too high. His breathing was shallow and irregular. Not a good sign. That means it could have hit his lungs.

"Fluid...check for fluids..." I stared to speak out loud to myself, mirroring my mother when she taught me what to do in these kind of situations.

"No large loss of blood, which means the knife is acting as a plug." I began to notice people piling into the drop ship and drew my eyebrows together in confusion. I noticed a familiar face and I walked over to her.

"Hey Taliah what's going?" She immediately faced me at the sound of her name.

"The storms here." I only nodded, understanding what she meant. It was then that she looked past me and recognised Finn. Her eyes lit up and she ran to the boys side.

"Oh my god Finn..." She stroked his sweaty forehead and the worry on her face told me enough. Raven must have known as well because she held a look of hurt at the affection. I wondered how Finn could possibly do something like this and made a mental note to ask him when he's better, because he is going to get better I replayed over in my mind.

"Taliah can you please get me some water and some bandaging." I said, trying to pull her away from Finn to stop Raven from murdering the girl. She nodded and went to fetch the items immediately and I looked to Raven.

"How's the signal coming along?" She pulled her gaze from Finn, to mine and then to the radio, picking up the intercom device again.

"Come in Ark station. This is Raven Reyes. I'm on the ground with the rest of the hundred. Come in Ark station." We all stayed silent, hoping for a voice to appear on the other end, but we got nothing.

"Dammit!" Raven spat.

"This storm is messing with the frequency."

"Just keep trying." As I spoke Taliah came back with the water and bandaging and I washed away the blood from around the wound and then placed the bandages around the dagger, trying to prevent anymore bleeding. At this point I had no idea what to do, and without my Mum Finn would be as good as dead.

"You can save him right?" Taliah's sweet and quiet voice broke me from my tragic thoughts. I lifted my eyes and stared back at her chocolate ones that were glossy. I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted.

"Bellamy I told you he saved my life!" Octavia yelled at her brother. I turned around to see Octavia following Bellamy and a boy who carried another body, and where making their way to the ladder. Jasper also followed the three of them and held a guilty expression.

"What the..." I walked over to Bellamy and stood between him and the ladder. He immediately noticed me and hid away his emotion, giving me a stoic look.

"What the hell are you doing?" I say and then looked down at the unconscious grounder. He had a bald head and his dark skin shone in the minimal light, reflecting the sweat on his skin. I could see blood staining his clothing and his bare skin as well. The interaction with Ryder crossed my mind and I remembered his warning. Bellamy capturing this grounder would now only make things worse.