Extra Holiday Chapter

Start from the beginning

Crossing her long legs over each other, she sighed deeply and inhaled the smell of Christmas. Pine sap, cookies crisping in the oven, and the soft crackly burning of fire. The perfect remedy for easing away into your mind and the love you have for those around you.

Yuri took a silent glance around. The lights hung around basked everything in a lovely glow. Sayori, with her bright and scruffy peach hair, stood giggling like a child in the kitchen. With curious blue eyes she watched as Monika struggled to fit the rest of the cookie dough in a fridge drawer. The warmth of her love for the girl below her made Yuri smile. Monika looked back at Sayori, face upturned in a silly smirk. She had a playfully aggressive stance, looking as though she was going to attack Sayori. What happened though, was nothing but fun. The brunette jumped at her, straight into her arms, unexpectedly. Sayori let a squeak of surprise pass from her lips, but caught her nonetheless. The kitchen erupted in stupid laughter.

After watching the silly charades of her friends, Yuri traced back into Natsuki. Her eyes were closed, eyelashes softly resting against freckled cheeks. She looked as though she was feeling the world around her just like Yuri had been doing.

Yuri felt her heart warm up with such love it felt as though she would melt.

Natsuki was happy. The one thing that Yuri hoped more for anything in this world. A cold and brutal household were no more. Her soft fingertips never had to touch a broken bottle of beer ever again. Her palms were still rough, but not from fighting back. Her palms were rough because of the time and patience she put into cooking. Yuri watched the steady rise and fall of Natsuki's chest. They weren't fighting to be free. She didn't have to breathe like a caged bird about to be eaten by a fox. The showing of her ribs were all gone, the only thing left was the healthy smooth skin that had grown over. Natsuki's cheeks had filled in, no longer begging for a chance to be redeemed. Her face was soft and chubby. Smooth to the touch, and oh so very tempting to be kissed. Muscles began to grow under her arms from the hard work of cooking, and trying her best to carry her taller girlfriend.

"Oh god," Yuri thought to herself. "I love her more than the whole world."

With a blink, Natsuki turned over from the living room chair to look at Yuri. Her eyes immediately softened, and she padded the seat next to her softly. Yuri followed suit.

The tall girl sat down and pressed herself next to the shorter. She remembered all that time ago when she had sat down on the couch beside them, watching that one scary movie. Yuri still remembers so clearly the raw and painful emotion she felt as she saw the bruises littered across Natsuki's lithe frame. But now, that same person was nuzzled up against her, looking at her with soft magenta eyes. Peering with curiosity and trust.

Yuri drew an arm around Natsuki's shoulder. Resting her chin upon Natsuki's head, she smiled. It was so well known to her, yet every time sent butterflies down her stomach and pricked at her fingertips.

"Hey Yuri," Natsuki piped up after a silent moment. "Guess what?"

"Hm?" One eyebrow lifted.

"You're the best Christmas present I could've ever asked for." She whispered out in slow, rhythmic song.

Once again, Yuri felt her heart jerk. There weren't many times where Natsuki had been even the slightest bit kind to her in the past. Now, through her tough exterior, lay the fluffiest kitten. Natsuki gave her a toothy grin, reaching up to grasp Yuri's cheek lovingly with fingertips.

Static rushed through her face as the feeling of Natsuki's fingers dragging against. She couldn't help herself from flushing a dark red.

"I love you more than words can describe," the purple haired girl managed to whisper out.