Chapter 14

"There!" Natsuki giggled as she set a moe looking figure of an anime girl on my desk.
I also burst into a fit of laughter, it looked totally out of place on there along with my tidy pencil containers and sharpeners.

"Is it really okay if I put my stuff in here?" Natsuki inquired, fidgeting with the figure so it looked a bit more organized.

"If it makes you happy, I don't mind. I have more than enough room." I gave her a pretty smile and she returned it. Skipping over to my closet she opened it and peered inside. She started to grab clothes from her suitcase along with lone hangers. I joined her, helping to hang up some of her clothes. Picking through my clothes, she hung hers up smack in the middle. Gasping she pulled out a dark gray sweatshirt of mine.

"It's so soft!" She felt the material of the sweatshirt.

"You can have it if you want," I replied, hanging up another article of clothing. "I never wear it anyways."

"Really? God Yuri, you're too nice for your own good."

"Yeah, go ahead and keep it. Erm... thanks, I suppose." I replied awkwardly.

"Seriously though, how am I going to repay you?" She took her school jacket off, tossing it behind her onto the floor.

"What? Natsuki, you don't have to repay me. Just being here is comforting enough." Natsuki still seemed a bit unconvinced, but didn't say anything as she struggled for a small bit to get the sweatshirt on. A small pop was heard as her head surfaced. The sweatshirt was huge on her, you couldn't even see her fingers.

"Haha, you look so cute!" Did I just say that out loud?

"I am not!" She took the long sleeve and smacked my arm with it. Still laughing I handed her a pair of her shorts that I was about to hang up.

"You probably want something more comfortable to wear, that skirt can get uncomfortable real fast."

"Yea, thanks. Look away!" Natsuki shooed me and I turned away. Hearing rustling from her changing, I decide to get back to the task of grabbing clothes. I picked up a frilly pink skirt and started to fold it, mindlessly humming to myself.

Humming was a thing I did often, whether it be when I was cleaning or doing some sort of chore. I never thought much of it.

It was taking a little while for Natsuki to change, I noted. Peeking a glance she was already done changing, she was just... staring at me.

"Does uh... something seem to be the matter?" I turned to face her, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly and setting the skirt away.

She blinked a few times as though she was in a trance. She took a step back, flushing red.

"I didn't know you could sing, Yuri."

"Huh? I-I was merely just humming to myself, that's all." Now I was flushing red too.

"Your voice it's," Natsuki breathed. "It's really pretty."

"Ah!" I was taken aback from the compliment, her magenta eyes were boring into me. I felt my heart pound ferociously. "I... I ahm.. thank you."

Blinking a few more times she shook her head and looked away, grabbing more belongings from the suitcase.

"By the way uh..." I tried to change the topic quickly. "We're probably going to have to talk about this to Sayori and Monika..." Natsuki laughed nervously.

"I might've already sent Sayori a text explaining... not all but quite a bit of the situation. She probably told Monika by now." Natsuki was shaking a little bit. It was expected, this was all so new to her probably. She had hid it all too good, I was still shaken up by it. I had no idea how horrible that must've felt for her. Now it was over. The suffering and pain was over, leaving only a hollow and beat up shell. Hopefully I would be able to heal her.