Chapter 30

Wow. New Year's Eve already?

I remarked as I looked outside. The snow is covering the ground like a carpet and more snowflakes fall on it. I smiled at the sight and took a sip of my coffee.

"Bella! We're going to a party tonight at 8:00 in a venue near the Big Ben!" Mom called out from upstairs. "Choose what to wear!"

"Okay Mom!" I answered. I looked at the clock, which read 9:00 am. I have lots of time to prepare.

I was about to go out and buy a dress when I realized I bought two dresses a few months ago, which Holly helped me choose. I went to my room and opened my closet. They were there with their matching shoes, still in a paper bag. I took them out and placed the dresses on my bed.

One is a strapless fit green dress with a ribbon on the chest part, that reaches the knees. It has matching floral green two inch heels.

The other is a sleeveless black polka dot dress that reaches above the knees. It has matching black flats.

Since it's New Year, I chose the black one. I put the dress on a hanger and the shoes back in the box. It's winter, so I can't wear those.

When will you come back? I hope you forgive me for saying I don't love you.

I held the locket in my necklace. I feel like crying but I stopped myself. It's New Year's Eve. I should be happy. Hmm. What could be my resolution?

Stop crying often? Is that possible?

Think positive? Could I do that?

How about stop being assuming? Nah, can't do that. Ugghhh.

I stop thinking about resolutions and listen to groovy music on my phone, that makes me dance and/or sing. Problem??

"Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle! Tuntununtuntun! Wiggle Wiggle!"

"Talk Dirty To Me! Tununnuntuntunununununtunununununununtuntun!"

"I'm So Fancy! You already know!"

"Baby I'm just gonna shake shake shake shake shake! Shake it off, I shake it off!!"

After (I think) three hours of freaky dancing and singing, I went downstairs to eat lunch.

"What's that noise on your room earlier Bella?" Dad said as I sat down.

"I was rocking my head off," I answered.

"Why would you have a concert in your room for three hours straight darling?" Mom asked. I gave her an innocent smile and started to eat.

"Besides," William joined in. "You sound like a dying walrus."

I gave him an eyeroll and retorted, "Besides, you have a very small willy, that's why your name is William." Haha. Take that Wi-lly-am.

Mom choked on her food and Dad failed to put up a serious face and snickered.

"I do not!" William denied, looking a little embarassed.

"Yes you do. Oh, and little kids like you don't have a willy because you're mean." I made that up. Mom and Dad chuckled.

"Noooo!!" William wailed and ran upstairs. Maybe he went to the bathroom.

Haha! He fell for it!

The three of us went into fits of laughter.

"I can't believe you did that!" Mom said between her laughs.

Ah, it's good to be back with happiness.

oOo

"Get dressed Bella!"