Chapter 18

I was also like that at lunch time. I hope they didn't notice. Then I went back to my room.

I used Twitter on my phone. I browsed on some interesting tweets. Then there was a knock on the door.

I opened it and saw that it was Mom. I let her in and we sit at my bed.

"You're acting different again Bella.", she said. She noticed. I just stay silent.

"You need to tell me what's going on because I'm your mom. And I could help you.", she persuaded. I still don't want to tell her.

After a couple minutes of persuasion, I finally gave in. "Okay fine. I'll tell you." I sighed in defeat.

"Is it about Thomas?" she asked.

"Yeah. Nice guess." I answered.

"So?"

"Well..uh.." I said while looking at the floor. "I can't get over him being in a relationship. I think I love him already."

"Okay. Is there something new that's making you more down?" she asked.

"Yeah," I answered. "I uh...saw him kissing his girlfriend yesterday, at the party," I continued, my eyes becoming watery.

"Oh. That's is not a pretty sight." Mom said.

I bowed my head to hide my watery eyes, tears ready to fall.

"Darling, I know you want to cry. Let it out." she said, putting her hand on my back.

I covered my face and cried. Mom rubbed my back gently and hugged me.

"I love him. I love Thomas. I really love him." I sobbed.

"Shh. You will be fine. You would move on if you have to and he will love you back if he's destined to. Just be patient. Time will pass and you'll know what to do." Mom advised.

I cried for a few minutes. Then I broke the hug slowly.

"Thanks for the advice Mom. I do need to be patient. But I'll be depressed for waiting for the time to come." I sniffed.

"I think you should stop thinking about Thomas first. Focus on school." she suggested.

"I'll keep that in mind. Thanks again." I said and gave her a hug.

Then she stood up after we broke the hug. " Love you." she said and went outside my room.

"Love you too Mom.", I muttered to myself and laid on my bed. Then I sat up. And laid down again.

oOo

"Hey girls." I said as I sat in front of them at lunch. James was eating with his buddies. "Did you have fun on the party?"

"Yes! We were dancing and dancing!", Ana exclaimed.

"And we drank a lot of alcohol and we were half-drunk! It was fun!", Lexi added happily.

Then I remembered what I saw at the party. Why did I have to ask them about the party? I played with my food and ate.

"Bella, what's wrong?", Lexi asked worriedly. "You look sad."

I looked at them and faked a smile. "Oh. Me? No there's nothing wrong with me." I lied.

Just thinking about Thomas kissing Holly in the party. Ugh!

"What?!"

I said that out loud?

"Yes!"

Uh oh.

I looked at the table behind Lexi and Ana. Thomas, Dylan and Holly are sitting there. Thomas was smirking and shaking his head while the two were laughing. I hope they didn't hear what I said.

I broke my stare and continued eating.

"Yeah, I saw them kissing. And them and other people are seated in a circle. I almost cried. Good thing I'm half drunk so I laughed it out." I told the two girls.

Their faces were sad and worried, on my opinion. I can't explain those looks. We were silent.

"What now?" Lexi broke the silence. Ana was just there, scrunching her eyebrows and looking at her food, thinking about something.

"I...don't know." I said sadly and bowed my head and finished my food.

"Bella." Ana talked after a few seconds. "Think about it. You said they were seated in a circle. Maybe the kiss was a dare."

"You're right. Maybe the dare was to kiss his girlfriend," I agreed.

"But that dare is so boring. That dare is easy. In the Dare Game, they give difficult dares. There is no fun if that is the given dare.", she reasoned.

"So you doubt that Holly is Thomas' girlfriend?" Lexi joined in.

"I don't know. But maybe they gave Thomas an easy dare. Still, that is just boring." Ana stated.

All the things Ana said make sense. But how will I solve the puzzle?

The bell rang. Lunch is over.

oOo

*Autumn....*

"The audition for The Maze Runner play is today!" I exclaimed. I'm not in drama club but I like plays. I'm gonna audition for the role of Teresa, the only girl sent to the maze. I'm focusing on this play now, not on Thomas.

The audition was later, at 4:00 pm. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I will pass that audition and get that role.

"Who will pass that audition? You Bella!", Lexi and Ana cheered.

oOo

I went inside the room where the audition will take place. My palms were sweaty and my heart beats really fast.

When it was my turn, I forgot about my nervousness and stepped on the platform. They told me what to do and I did it with feelings and with all I got.

Just like I said earlier, I would pass the audition, and I did.

"I got the part!!" I said happily as I went outside the room and towards my friends.

"Congratulations!" James said.

"You're really great!" Lexi cried.

"Told you you'd get the part!", Ana exclaimed and gave me a hug.

"I can't wait to start practicing for the play!" I squealed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This is short right? I think it's a filler chapter. Sorry if I seldom update. It's because of school.

The Maze Runner huh? I haven't read the book, but I know a few lines from the trailer.

Could you please comment Teresa and Thomas' conversation and lines if you know? Please do.

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE/FAN

Franzie