'Okay'

New's

I don't usually enjoy talking about many things. Like, I keep it low and I keep it simple. Like why would you elongate things? Why would you talk about unnecessary thing? Why spending so much time on something you don't have control over? Why think too much?

You can't beat anything that is determined to be that way. Fated that way. Meant that way. So if I am to describe myself, that would be, pretty chilled. But sometimes, even the artic ice melts. Not because of itself.

"Want to come with me later?", I ask Tay. Funny though, to think again. Here we are talking politely to each other, but I don't even address him as 'P'. Polite, but not so?

"Where to?", he replies me simply.

"The Wat (Temple)."

He looks at me with his mouth agaped a bit, eyes widened, at some point, seeing him like this, being cute and all, effortlessly, I don't think I'll be needing the visit to the Wat.

"You okay na?" he asks, why do I feel like he is really worried.

"I'm okay khabbbbbb~", purposely saying it longer than it should be. Because I need a little time to carve a smile on my face, at least for him. I don't like seeing him worried.

He nods and turns back to his phone. Probably playing his ROV. Obviously the whole squad is here, Non, Chimmon....

It just that I feel like slightly restless. With all the works, the new business which fortunately I'm sharing it with him. Missing home too. Wonder what Mae and Pho are doing now. Looking at my watch, it's almost 10.

"Probably sleeping.", while heaving a sigh.

"What's that?", Tay asks. Eyes still fixed on his phone.

"Nothing khabbb. Play your game.", I purposely kick his belly left side, because it's quite a distance for me to pinch him. He smirks.

But then I decided that I shouldn't be like this. I push myself closer to him easily on this office chair. Settle down, quietly enough that the moment he notices that I am this close to him, I am already on his shoulder, technically my chin. Not me entirely 🤣.

He turns his head a little. I guess, the weight of my head draws the peek. Eyes still glued to his phone, I was right. He is playing ROV. He smirks again. "You're really okay?"

I guess he can feel me nodding that he keeps on playing his game. But, it is not a lie anyway. I feel okay. Slightly better than when I was sitting away from him, staring into spaces, recognizing faces, answering 'hi' and random questions thrown at me.

Now, his shoulder, though he doesn't want to admit, his 'broader than mine' shoulder, feels like the pillow. His ROV like some kind of movie, and his voice, occasionally talking to his squad around him, a chant that feels so calming.

So here I am, resting my head on his shoulder, being totally not caring about what the others will think of us, but I hope Tay won't get tired easily for holding on the weight of my head on his shoulder.

Maybe I should move.

"Stay, just stay like that.", he says. Almost inaudible, but of course I can hear him because our heads are next to each other.

So I do. Leaning in closer that our hair softly collide. He knows I guess, he knows I need this.

—————————————————————————

Tay's

It is a shocking thing to see New like this all the sudden. Not doing his usual thing for attention, but I wasn't blaming him entirely, he knows that I'm playing this game. He knows I don't like to be disturbed. But actually, he knows I'm playing with Chimmon and Non. So, if I mess up, they'll both be too. So the priviledge of having to play in peace dear ROV, you better be thankful to the Nongs.