SIX

Jaeden's POV
January 20th 2019
Los Angeles, California
5:30 pm

I can't believe it, Wyatt kissed me. He actually kissed me. I never expected that to happen. It was my dream come true. Once he left the room, I was still in shock while I was blushing.

I just sitting in bed staring at the walls, on what to do next. I heard the door open. I turned my head to see the doctor come in the room. "Hi Jaeden, how are you feeling?" He asked me. "I'm good, still in pain. It doesn't hurt as much anymore." I replied.

"That's good, I'm glad your doing better." He says checking my vitals. "Your pulse is normal." He says looking at me. "I'll be back later to check on you." He says walking out. "Thank you I say as he leaves the room."

I decide to take a quick nap before eating dinner. I laid down on the hospital bed and closed me eyes. I thought of something peaceful so I can go to sleep faster. I though of me in a beach alone looking at the sunrise.

I woke up fast and realized I was at the spot where I lived, outside of McDonald's in downtown LA. I was just sitting there until I see a guy walking up to me, "hey kiddo, he says pointing at me.

He looks 6'2, has big muscles. He was wearing a white t-shirt with blue jeans. I can see a gun on his waist band. I got scared and called Wyatt. Once I told him everything. I hung up my phone and put it back in my pocket as fast as possible.

Once he was face to face with me, he gave me an evil smile. "What are you doing here all alone? Where's your mommy?" He says in a childish voice. I didn't respond to him. I was too scared to say anything. I was hoping other people around was going to help me, but everyone just kept walking like nothing is happening.

"I'll just get straight to the point. I heard that you were getting a ton of money. So, I want you to give it to me." He says. "No, never. I deserve this money." I yelled. I can tell I have at least $300. "Now give it to me or else." He says pointing his finger in my face.

I was so scared, I didn't say another word. "Fine kid, let's do it the hard way. He says grabbing his gun from his waist band. He aimed it at my head. "Give. Me. The. Money. Little. Boy." He shouted. I looked around and see everyone running way and screaming from us.

I had to options left, I didn't want to die. So I picked up my money can, and handed it over to the guy. "HAHAHAHA, your a pathetic loser living on the street." He laughed. "Well, your the loser who is robbing a homeless boy." I instantly say back.

"Losers like you deserve to die." He says with an anger. I see him switch the safety switch off the gun. "Goodbye, idiot." He says with a smirk on his face. He moves the gun lower to my chest and shoots the gun.

As he shot the gun to my chest. I see him speed walk away. I looked down and see a bullet right threw me. It was getting harder for me to breathe. I felt like dying. I began to close my eyes slowly, trying to stay awake. I see a man running up to me, "hey stay with me okay?, don't close your eyes." He says, applying pressure to my chest to stop the bleeding.

I slowly closed my eyes and saw nothing. "Someone call 911." The guy yelled before I closed my eyes. Then I randomly regained consciousness.

I barley opened my eyes and saw I was in the hospital. I look around and see needles, wires all around me then I felt breathing tube on my nose, giving me oxygen while being pushed on the stretcher.

I lost consciousness and closed my eyes. Then I randomly woke up, and my body plunged up and fell back down on the bed. I started to breathe heavily realizing that's what happened earlier today.

I looked at the clock and realized 2 hours has passed. I see a nurse walk into my room handing me a plate of 2 cheeseburgers with french fries and broccoli. "Here you go sweetheart" She says. "Thank you" I say softly.

When she left the room, I started to eat my food until the door was being opened again. I saw Wyatt walks up to you smiling. "Hey Jae!" "Hi Wyatt! You came back." I say excitedly leaning close to hug him. He wrapped his hands around me while he hugged me back.

"Of course I came back. Your my best friend." Wyatt says unwrapping his hands from my waist. "No, I mean. It's your second time back today." I replied. "Oh, yeah. I was making sure you are alright." "Yeah, i'm fine don't worry." I say giving him a half smile.

"Just making sure." He smirked. "So umm... a-are we gunna talk about the kiss we had earlier?" I mumbled. "What about it? I liked it, did you not like it?" He asked, with a frown. "No, No, No. I-I like it." I say, shaking my head.

"You did?" Wyatt asked, raising his eyebrows.  "Y-Y-Yeah..." I say stuttering and blushing at the same time. Wyatt smiled at you happily, knowing he's one step closer to being Jaeden's boyfriend.

"How's your mom taking it?" I asked, so it wasn't awkward silence. "She's taking it fine, I heard she's gunna make trick you to living with us again. Wyatt says, as I started to eat my food while he talks.

"What?!"  I say in shock while the cheeseburger is still in my mouth. "Yeah, but you know it's not a bad idea to live with us again. I miss living with you, and you can go back to school. Wyatt says rambling.

"I don't think that's a good idea. I like living by myself on the street. I feel more free." I say.  "Fine, it's your life. I will alway have your back." He says touching your shoulder with his hands. "Thanks Wyatt." I say touching his hand with my hand on my shoulder.

"Anyways... since you and I both liked the kiss, d-do you want to be my boyfriend?"

to be continued...