Chapter 6: License for the Road

"Easy on the gas, sweetheart. It's not a race." 

"Oops! Sorry, dad!"

Her father chuckled. 

Savannah's eyes were transfixed on the road ahead of her. This was her first time driving on the highway, and she was so nervous. Luckily, her father was right there with her.

He was incredibly patient with her, giving instructions with a level voice and calmly critiquing her.

Savannah let out a breath, relaxing as she drove down the freeway. Her father smiled encouragingly.

"You're doing great, sweetheart."

----------------------------------------

Savannah jerked awake when the car hit a speedbump. She groaned quietly, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

Another memory of her father. 

How long was she going to have these dreams?

When would they finally stop?

Why did she have to have them every time she fell asleep?

Savannah sighed to herself as she looked out the window, watching as the city eventually changed into a familiar neighborhood.

She was going back home.

----------------------------------------

A/N: Oof sorry guys! holy crap it has been FOREVER since I've updated this. I haven't posted a chapter since February! Too long in my opinion. I apologize for how short this chapter is as well. I'm hoping the next one will be longer. I swear I'm not dead, guys! Thank you for your patience!