Chapter 4 ~ It happened that night

" Hey Nat, get up. We are going to a party!"

"What? No way. It's my sleep time Katerina, and I for one thing would actually like to do some sleeping!"

"Stop your winging and get dressed"

I got dressed reluctantly and exited the house. As we approached her car, Katerina gave me a card. It was a fake ID.

"What's this for?"

" It's to get into the party silly!"

"College Party?"

"College Party, College boys. Either way there will be an open bar and they need ID's. Due to the fact that we are only just not old enough, I made up some fake ones that we will get rid of in the morning."

"Okay. Seems like you have it all figured out."

" Of course, what else would you have expected?"

Katerina was very self righteous. She always boasted about herself and always had to be right even if she was wrong.But, we had been best friends since kindergarten, and she had been there for me with everything. Especially when my parents died in a horrific car crash of OldMan's bridge. So I guess I had to put up with her bad traits, as she did with mine.

We arrived at the party.It was being held at a mansion belonging to this rich kid at school. His family were away so his older brother who was in college invited people over for a party. The word must have spread fast because there were people everywhere. At the entrance, there was a security guy checking ID's. We showed him ours and he must have been seriously drunk because they were terrible, yet he still let us in.

Katerina disappeared for a while. Probably off to do cocaine with the loser stoners in their pit of " happiness". She would never admit it to me, but I always knew she did drugs, so it wouldn't surprise me that was where she was headed.

I grabbed a drink and sat down on a sofa. I must have fell asleep because Katerina was shaking me and standing me up.