I poured the soup into two bowls and forced myself to turn around. Loki was sitting at the table now, though he was still reading. I wondered how many books he had read since he arrived here. I wondered if he liked to read in Asgard, too, or if it was a new interest. I placed the bowl in front of him and sat across from him before taking a bite.

He put the book down on the table and began to eat.

We ate in silence. Neither of us wanted to, nor dared to, make a sound.

Finally, by an unbelievable amount of willpower, I spoke. "What movie do you want to watch?"

"You still want to do that?" Loki asked, looking up. He looked surprised. 

"I was planning on it." I said.

"Alright." Loki said. "We'll pick after dinner?" 

I nodded.

My Fury infested mind began to wonder, is a movie a waste of time? Of course it was. No matter what the movie, or how good it was, it wasn't like he was going to suddenly tell me everything because of it. 

I gave him a small smile as I collected the dishes, but it vanished instantly when I turned my back.

We ended up picking one of the oldest Star Wars movies - Attack of the Clones. They were in the back of my TV stand. I had never seen the series myself, so I had no idea if it was good or not. It was only about 7:00 when we started the movie.

I never noticed how small my living room couch was until I sat on it with two people. Loki and I were squashed together on the couch, but it was the only chair in the room facing the TV. 

About half way through the movie, I began to feel my eyelids slipping closed, but I quickly recovered and forced myself to stay awake. I rubbed my eyes. A half our later, I began to feel tired again.

My eyes slipped closed again and I yawned, feeling my head lolling all over the place. I fell asleep for short segments. Loki, too, seemed to be getting tired, though he still appeared in awe of the movie's changing screens. 

The last time I was awake, I felt my eyes slip closed again and my head fell to the left before resting against Loki's shoulder. I was asleep almost immediately.

I woke to the sound of my phone ringing. It was coming from the coffee table. The room was dark, as the TV had turned off. The ringing phone was blaring in my ears, but I was too tired to sit up. Finally, I took in my surroundings and froze as I realized where I was.

Sometime in the last hour, Loki had laid down. His head was resting against the arm rest, and his knees were bent to give him some space on the small couch. My legs were also bent, my feet pressed against the far arm rest. My hips were between his spread legs, and my ear was pressed against his shoulder. My nose gently brushed against his jaw. I could hear his gentle heart beat and slow breaths, but they quickly became faster as he was beginning to wake up. 

I sat up as fast as I can and got off the couch, moving away from him. I took a deep breath, my body temporarily frozen. I grabbed my phone from the coffee table and saw that it was Bruce who was trying to call me. Loki had woken up from my sudden movement, and I saw him staring at me with tired eyes.

I answered. "Hello?"

"Hey, Nat. It's Bruce."

"Hello, Bruce!" I said, giving Loki a pointed stare.

Loki sat up. "Hey, sorry for the late notice, but I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight? I was thinking we could go to that one dance club near your house. I heard it was nice."

"Yes. I've been there. It is." I remembered the dance club I had gone to with Loki last night. Last night. Wow. It felt like so much had happened today.

"So? Are you free?"

I checked the time. It was around 8:45. I shrugged, until I realized he couldn't see me. "Yeah, I'm free. Are you going to pick me up, or...?"

"Yeah. I'll be there in a half an hour, alright?" 

"Alright." I hung up first, but I had a huge smile on my face as I moved to my room to change, forgetting about Loki sitting on the couch.

I chose a black dress with a silver short jacket to go with it. I then brushed my hair, applied some make-up, and added a pair of earrings to my outfit. 

I walked out of my room and picked up my phone before I noticed Loki sitting on the couch, fuming. He masked his angry expression as I came up.

"Where are you going?" He asked me.

"I'm going out drinking with Bruce at that dance club we went to last night."

Loki clenched his jaw. "No. You shouldn't go."

"And why not?" I realized how easy it was to become annoyed with Loki. Maybe interrogating him wouldn't be so hard.

He stood up. "You went out drinking last night and you came back sick and drunk. That's probably not a good thing to repeat two nights in a row."

I took a step away from him. "I'll be fine," I then turned toward the door. "He'll be here any minute. Good night."

I moved toward the door and opened it, letting myself be swept with a chilly breeze. My shoulders slumped as I noticed something. I had completely forgotten.

The guards were gone.

"Natasha, wait." Loki began, grabbing my arm, which I ripped away. He didn't notice that the guards were gone, yet. Maybe he wouldn't. "You should stay." He started, ringing his hands. It was like he didn't notice the freezing air coming in through the door, despite him only wearing a thin t-shirt and shorts.

"If I stay will you give me the information I want? What happened to you after Thor took you back to Asgard?" I asked, standing tall and meeting his gaze evenly. Loki opened his mouth and then closed it.

"That's what I thought." I said, before walking outside. My mistake.

Loki followed me, and the first thing he said was, "Where are the guards?"

I let out a sigh. Damn. "I don't know." I lied.

Loki didn't say anything, he just stared at me, waiting. He knew I was lying. Of course.

"Loki, it's just a shift change. Please, please don't do anything. Just let me go with Bruce. Please." He had the power to make me stay. If he showed any sign of wanting to escape, I would have to stay. I wouldn't, couldn't let Loki force me to stay here. 

He took a step away as the headlights washed over the house. "Fine. You never know, you might be back in five minutes like you were last time." He said, irritated, before walking inside and slamming the door behind him. I became angrier than I thought I would, but I didn't push it. He was already inside.

I went over to Bruce's car, nervous, hoping against hope that the guards would return soon.

I knew this choice to leave Loki behind, alone, was irresponsible. It was too late now. I smiled at Bruce as I climbed into the car. 

"You look amazing." He said uncertainly, and I gave him another small, shy smile. 

"Thank you." I let out a breath as he began to pull the car out of my driveway. 

Twisted [Degenerate Series, Book 1][Blackfrost] ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें