Life saver...turned into love

The waves were crashing over me. I was struggling to stay above thewater. I gasped for air as I came up to the surface. Once again thewave crashed over me pulling me out further into the ocean. I knewthe end was near, that my life was coming to an end. I went under thewater once more, my body sinking down. I was tired so I didn't try tofight against it anymore. I felt someone wrap their arms around mepulling me to the shore. His hand against my neck trying to get me tobreathe. His hands starting to push against my chest, his lipsagainst mine breathing for me. I gasped for air opening my eyes tosee everyone around me. He helped me sit up watching me catch mybreath. I looked at him as I finally caught my breath, my heart rateslowing back down to normal.

"Areyou ok?" he asked.

"YeaI'm ok" I swallowed hard.

"I'llget the medic if you need it" he sat down in front of me.

"I'llbe fine" I smiled slightly.

"Good"he smiled as he looked at me.

"Thankyou for saving me" I looked at him.

"Noproblem" his eyes looked into mine.

Igazed into his eyes for a split second. Until I heard my name beingcalled by many people. I turned to look and see that all my friendswere coming up to me. I stood up I was still a little wobbly but Imanaged to stay on my feet. I reassured everyone that I was ok andthere was no need to worry. I walked back to my stuff slipping mybathing suit cover. I saw him walking towards me, I turned to facehim.

"Areyou sure you are ok?" he asked.

"YeaI'm fine, thank you again" I smiled slightly.

"Wantto grab some lunch?" he looked at me.

"I'mpretty hungry so that sounds good" I grabbed my bag.

"Let'sgo," he said.

Hegrabbed his stuff and we walked away from the beach. We walked downthe street and of course, there was plenty of food options to choosefrom. He grabbed my arm pulling me into a burger shop, I laughed andwalk behind him. We stood in line and I stood behind him. I startedto play with his hair, making him turn around to face me. I smiledand put my hands behind me acting as I didn't do anything. He smiledbrushing the hair from my face, tilting my chin up slightly. I lookedup at him for a quick seconds before looking away. He walked up tothe counter and order his food and I ordered my food. He paid forboth and we took a seat as we waited for the food. He slides into thebooth with me, placing his hand against my leg. I looked at his handmoving my eyes up his body, our eyes meeting once again.

"Sotell me things about you" he spoke softly.

"Well,what do you wanna know?" I asked.

"Whywere you so far out in the ocean?" he questioned.

"Iwasn't at first but the waves caught me," I said.

"Waveshave a crazy way of doing that" he smiled slightly.

"Yeathe ocean will just suck you in" I smiled as I looked at him.

Itwas like we knew each other forever but the truth was that we didn't.I never truly believe in people falling in love quickly but ourconnection was something else. I guess you just know when it feelsright and this just felt right. I smiled slightly as I looked down.He titled up my chin, brushing his thumb against my chin. I looked athim, down towards his lips wondering what was going through his mind.I couldn't be the only one that felt this way right? I leaned towardshim slightly allowing him to make the first move. He leaned in therest of the way pressing his lips against mine softly. I placed myhand against his chest pulling on his shirt as I kept the kissbetween us. I smiled against his lips as I heard the waitress walk upto our table. I pulled away slightly as she placed the food down onthe table.