Chapter 1 [UNFINISHED]

It's your usual Saturday night routine, getting groceries without any worry about the stares lingering on you. You just finished your stop and headed back to your apartment building when you stumble near a box in front of the dumpster. Hearing small noises from the box, you decided to take it with you. Struggling to enter your home, you managed to carry everything inside with extra hands. You place your bags near the kitchen and quickly retrieve an x-acto knife and gently rip the tape and open to find 6 animals in the box.

"Who's so cruel to leave animals in a box?" you mutter yourself as you noticed a black cat trying to climb out of the box. You scoop the cat out and noticed a scar under the right eye.

"Hey, you have a same scar as my dad does!" The cat stops struggling and looks at you in curiosity. Putting the cat down, you start to proceed to look at the other animals. You stare at the other cat with split fur.

"Wow such a beauty.." You noticed the cat's eyes.

"Beautiful.." You muttered. The cat stares at you for a few moments before you put him down next to the black cat. You continue to pick up the last cat and gap at the violet fur.

"Amazing, you must be some kind of high breed to have that fur color!" The violet cat blankly stares at you with tired eyes. You laugh and put him down.

"Alright I'll leave you alone for a minute." You sigh and glance at the dogs. You scans to see an angry blonde pomeranian, a nervous green pomeranian, and a blue golden retriever?

"My life is getting stranger by the second.." You whispered. You decided to take the green pomeranian before the blonde snaps at you. Holding the green dog for a moment, you rub your hand on his head before putting him down. You turn back to see the blue dog and notice his body structure.

"Oops you're actually a malinois breed huh?" The dog stiffs up being mentioned. You scoop up the stiff dog and scratches behind his ear, causing the dog to thump his hind leg. You giggle and place him down with the rest of the animals. The blue dog ends up looking down bashfully as the green pup comforts him. Finally you turn to the angry blonde and smirk.

"Just because you look threatening doesn't mean anything! I bet you're all bark and no bite." Slowly you reach to the dog as the green dog barks frantically in a panic. As you reached down, the angry dog bites down on your hand harshly. The growling stops as the green dog stares at you in wonder. You don't flinch from the pain and quickly snatch the dog in the air.

You grins widely, "Guess you proved me wrong little guy." The blonde glares at you as you ruffle his head and put him down. You stand up to scan the animals one last time before throwing the box away and head over to the cat tower. The tower has three beds at the highest point and has small homes at the bottom.

"Be lucky that I already had a cat before and spoiled him before.." You stare at the cats that hopped over to the beds as the blue and blonde dog barks over.

"It doesn't matter.." You whisper as the green dog looks at you. You glance at the clock shining 9pm brightly. Shit, you haven't published your video yet. You quickly sit at the kitchen island table and open your laptop. The violet cat jumps up on the table and walks over to you. You glance at the cat for a moment before continuing your work.

"I work at home for the majority of my life since my mom died," You finished publishing your video and stare at the cat.

"I stopped going to class and ended up graduating from my online classes," The cat tilts his head as you continued, "I thought I'd be fine without any support since my dad was never really in the picture." You sigh and close the tab.

"Although I don't blame him though.." You pat his fur as you talked about your struggles.

"I mean,  I shut myself from outside and only come out for groceries or take out. I have depression and my only coping method is currently my work ." You sigh and study at your scared wrists.

"It doesn't mean I'm always stable though.." You shake your head and smile at the worried cat.

"I'll just have to push harder since I have to take care of you now." You scratch his neck before going to a live news channel. The news reporter gives an update on the current case of UA.

"Tonight we still have no update on the case of the missing UA students and their teacher.."

"Missing students?" You mutter as the cat looks in surprise. The reporter states that few of the students from class 1-A went missing along with their teacher and a student from the general studies.

You hum as you exit out the tab

"That's not really my concern,"

You pick the violet cat up and walk over to the cat post

"The hero students can take care of themselves," you placed the cat down to one of the beds as you finish your statement

"Because my dad is watching over them so I don't need to worry!" You smile beamly as the other cats look at you in curiosity

You clean up the kitchen and turn the lights off

"Alright everyone it's time to go to bed, I have a lot of work tomorrow kay?"

Without waiting for an answer, you head to your bed and slip under the covers

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day.