She never did.

.

.

.

"AYA-CHAN!!!" Midoriya burst into the room, only to be met with the blank stares of both Ayano and Recovery Girl.

His childhood friend was sitting up on the bed with her right arm stretched out, Recovery Girl in the middle of bandaging it.

The older woman sighed in annoyance. "Is everyone just making a point to barge into my office without knocking today?! Hmph!" She scolded the boy, small puffs of steam blowing out from her ears.

"S-Sorry!!!" Midoriya apologized as she continued bandaging Ayano's arm, bowing a couple of times for good measure.

He peeked at his friend's condition. Her tattered gym uniform was now replaced with a fresh one, not a tear or speck of dirt in sight. Except for her right arm, any place he could see skin no longer held any scratches or bruises, having been completely healed.

Recovery Girl cut off the bandages from the rest of the roll, patting Ayano's arm. "There you go, sweetie. All finished!" She thanked the woman, turning her arm over to inspect it. The bandages started at her elbow and stopped a little after her knuckles. She clenched and unclenched her fist, rolling her wrist around to relieve the tension in her joints.

"What is the purpose of your visit?" She finally addressed the boy. "To check up on you, of course! I was worried!" Still not sparing him a glance, she responded in a monotone voice. "Am I so weak that I need to be worried about?"

Midoriya flinched. "I-It's not that!! I didn't mean it that way!" "The next match is starting soon, is it not?" Ayano asked, seemingly changing the subject. "I believe you should be worried about not being able to take notes. Also, if there is anything about me you should be worried about, it would be the same thing."

The boy furrowed his brow, wondering what she was getting at. "As you can see, I am perfectly fine with Recovery Girl's guidance. However, I still need to rest here for a little longer. It is possible that I will be unable to observe the next fights." Ayano looked at her childhood friend with her normal impassive expression.

"I would appreciate it if you could go and take notes for the both of us." Midoriya's eyes widened. He should have known better than to come here. Ayano was plenty strong by herself. It would seem harsh to other people but to Midoriya, this was her way of saying not to worry about her.

Once again, he was in awe at her strength. Giving her a bright smile, Midoriya nodded. "I'll be sure to take notes, but I definitely can't make as detailed ones as yours. So, get better quick, Aya-chan!!" With that, he dashed off back to the stadium's bleachers.

Ayano returned to inspecting her injured arm, using the other hand to poke and prod at it. "I could have easily healed it completely you know. Of course, that doesn't mean I would do it every time but unlike your reckless friend, you don't make a habit of coming here." Recovery Girl noted, explaining that she would have made a one-time exception.

Ayano nodded, knowing full well of the woman's capabilities. "The sludge incident was different since I could only make periodic visits, but I'm right here now. There isn't much need for this arm to be scarred as well, is there?" As a nurse, Recovery Girl had the impulse to heal her arm, but if the patient didn't want it, there wasn't much she could do. All she could do was ask why.

"It is because I do not make a habit of coming here that I do not want you to heal it completely. As you say, it is not good to rely on your power so much." Recovery Girl raised her eyebrow at that. "I said I would make an exception this time though."