Ready As We'll Ever Be

Modern!Reader

Inspired off my fanfiction called 'The Broken Ones', featuring Varian, Alois Trancy from Black Butler, Susie Angel from Bendy and the Ink Machine and Prince Lotor from Voltron.

You, the reader, are from the modern time. Varian and three others, who call themselves The Broken Ones, bring you along with them since Varian takes a liking towards you. As a giant shadow creature attacks your hometown (or city), your new friends are unsure if they can defeat it, due to their past mistakes (and their self-esteem being very low). But you and Varian try to convince them that their pasts shouldn't define them in the past or future... not even the words of others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The screams of terrified pedestrians filled the usual calm air as a huge figure of darkness began to rip through the streets and city buildings. Many who were running silently prayed for someone to save them from destruction. Their wish came true as five figures ran and leaped across the rooftops, trying to see what the commotion was. They finally stopped when they got a clearer view of the situation.

"Bloody hell!" Alois yelled out as the monster threw a car more than 50 football fields across the (city/town). You all winced and gasped at the sound of the alarm going off from the now demolished vehicle.

"I can't believe it... it's destroying my home," You whispered sorrowfully, unable to properly process what was happening right in front of you. Varian turned towards you with a sympathetic expression on his face, understanding just how much this place meant to you.

"That... thing could outmatch the entire population of Joey Drew Studios," Susie murmured, her green eyes widened in horror at the scene at play.

"Or the Paladins and the Galaxy Garrison. I don't think the Galra Empire can stop it," Lotor added in terrified awe, his yellow and purple eyes also widened in shock.

"It's... impossible. That creature will smash us to bits in one swoop!" The blonde earl let out in terror. The grown man and woman agreed with him, saying how they weren't strong enough to overcome this beast. At that, you and Varian snapped your heads, slightly angered expressions on your faces.

"You're all gonna give up?! After all you did to get this far?"

"(Y/N), we don't have the strength or numbers necessary to stop this monster," the ink toon woman said softly, trying to reason with you.

"If it can overwhelm your government's military and Air Force, then it can certainly destroy us," the Galran-Altean man uttered, his voice lowered in shame.

"Guys, there's a reason we were brought together after we were defeated and left behind. There's a reason why we're standing here right now while that thing rips (Y/N)'s home apart. I know I'm not one to believe in magic and fantasies, but I now strongly believe that some force brought us to this moment."

"I... I don't know, Varian..." Alois whispered, despite the chaos going on behind you. Varian sighed, knowing very well that they were still hung up by their past mistakes. But, they had to let go... and now was the time.

(Play the song above)

Varian: Believe me, I know
We've sunk pretty low
But whatever we've done
Is the past

Lotor: Varian...
You: Lotor!

Varian: We were bad guys
That's fine
It was no fault but ours
And some justice by dawn
Will be served